Historian from Graz, Austria, fell for Nigeria scam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Historian from Graz, Austria, fell for Nigeria scam

Sorry to disappoint you, my friends, it's not me!

Lamentably, I could only find a link in German http://steiermark.orf.at/oesterreich...el=8&id=340027

Here's what it says: A historian, University professor (!) in Graz (my uni, possibly my institute I'm currently checking to find out who exactly) was tricked by the famous "Nigeria Connection". The scam mail was written in the name of a former minister of South Africa (Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka), offering 30% of 42 million € if he washes the money white through his account. He had to found a dummy corporation and send 31.000€ to an account in South Africa. He did. Later, they wanted another $90.000 because natives in Soweto were rebelling and I dontnknowwhat. Only then, the man told a friend and informed the police. A handing-over was set in Graz - at that occasion the police arrested an Italian woman who seemingly didn't really know what it was all about, she thought it was about "drug money".

I'm pretty sure I know the man.
    "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
    "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

That's 31 thousand euros?
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I fear so...
      "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
      "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Comment

Sounds like this historian wasn´t very experienced with things like the internet

He´d better had visited sites like this one first

419Eater.com is a website dedicated to the fight against 419 and Internet scams. Read about the exploits of our anti scam Scam Baiters who fight the good fight by taking on the scammers, wasting their time and saving victims from further losses. Join our forums to read more adventures in scambaitingi, 419 Eater. Anti Scammer letters pages, forum, anti-scammer hints and tips.

Of course the good side of the story is, that they caught two people who should meet him to collect further 90.000 €
          (sadly they very probably aren´t the big fish within the organization [or were even just hired for this single task])
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

He should brush up on his modern/current history
            Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST
              Of course the good side of the story is, that they caught two people who should meet him to collect further 90.000 €
              (sadly they very probably aren´t the big fish within the organization [or were even just hired for this single task])
              There are 2 good sides: That a pig who doesn't have a problem with laundring dirty money now has 31000€ less. (The problem is that now it's in the hands of more intelligent scum...)

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST

Gee, do ya think?

Comment

Originally posted by Wernazuma III

There are 2 good sides: That a pig who doesn't have a problem with laundring dirty money now has 31000€ less. (The problem is that now it's in the hands of more intelligent scum...)
                  The article your link points to said it was 27.000€ and that this idiot fellow had to borrow the money first (from a bank I guess). So he didn't have them in the first place.

Comment

Yes, and he wanted to take another credit for the €90.000, not getting it and only then informed a friend - or so it seems

Comment

I couldn't believe somebody fell for it. It must be the greed.
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Greed and stupidity don´t mix...
                        I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Scam does not exist. It's a tax for stupidity.

Comment

never underestimate stupidity
                            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Working...
                            X