Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to use Win XP Pro to find out the cache properties of my processor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way to use Win XP Pro to find out the cache properties of my processor?

Or do I have to dig around the manufacturer's website?

In particular, I'd like to know the size and block size of the L1 and L2 cache. If I can figure out the latency, associativity, block replacement method (assuming it's not direct mapped), etc., then so much the better.

Failing that, does anybody know offhand whether Intel keeps the sizes of its L1 caches the same for all chips in a processor line, or is knowing that the thing is a P4 not good enough?
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

CPU-Z is a freeware that gathers information on some of the main devices of your system : Processor name and number, codename, process, package, cache levels. Mainboard and chipset. Memory type, size, timings, and module specifications (SPD). Real time measurement of each core's internal frequency, memory frequency. The CPU-Z‘s detection engine is now available for customized use through the CPUID System Information Development Kit, a professional SDK built for the Microsoft Windows & Android.

free download
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Chaching.

Comment

Holy crap, less than a minute between post and reply?
        Does IBM have any mind reading devices?

Comment

no comment
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by thesilentone
            Does IBM have any mind reading devices?
            That's probably more up the alley of my employer than it is Asher's...

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger
              That's probably more up the alley of my employer than it is Asher's...
              There are two things in common with major companies: they pay taxes, and they pay IBM.

Comment

My employer doesn't pay taxes, it spends them.

Comment

Working...
                X