Bush, Kerry Had Similar Grades at Yale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush, Kerry Had Similar Grades at Yale

During the campaign, Kerry was portrayed as the intellectual candidate who was far smarter than Bush.

Well, the truth is a bit different. Transcripts show that both Kerry and Bush got similar grades at Yale. Kerry had a cumulative average of 76% and got 4 D's during his four years. Bush had a cumulative average of 77% his first three years and got 1 D during his four years.

'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
    G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Has that been reported by a reputable news service?
    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

Comment

Kerry's Yale pic.
      Attached Files

Comment

Grades are not a good measure of intelligence. It has a great deal to do with effort.
        "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
        ^ The Poly equivalent of:
        "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

That alone says nothing about their time in Yale. Cumulative average says nothing, if you get perfect score from wine tasting and blipblip, and suck at the major. And evne still, it doesn't say anything, if they had the same grades in same courses.

And intellect has nothing to do with school grades.

I didn't get good grades in HS. I'm aceing in Uni.
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

This thread is so eight months ago.

Comment

Then you watch them debate, and get one story from FOX none of the less and make a claim 'oh **** Bush is actually smarter!'.. I mean how stupid is that, really?
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Mmm, yes, and members of the British Royal family have also managed to 'pass' their examinations and get into further education- Cambridge University.

Prince Charles: Interested in debates on education

said the caption to the photo.

Debates like: with your piss-poor grades how did you get into Cambridge ?

So when can we expect Charles & Bushbaby to set up a branch of Mensa World Leaders Club ?
                Attached Files
                Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

The natural assumption of people in America is that people from New England are just smarter.

For that, I thank you.

Our accents are prettier, too.
                  Visit The Frontier for all your geopolitical, historical, sci-fi, and fantasy forum gaming needs.

Comment

Re: Bush, Kerry Had Similar Grades at Yale

Originally posted by The diplomat
                    During the campaign, Kerry was portrayed as the intellectual candidate who was far smarter than Bush.
                    He was? I thought he was portrayed as a pair of beach sandals.
                    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom
                      Mmm, yes, and members of the British Royal family have also managed to 'pass' their examinations and get into further education- Cambridge University.

Prince Charles: Interested in debates on education

said the caption to the photo.

Debates like: with your piss-poor grades how did you get into Cambridge ?

So when can we expect Charles & Bushbaby to set up a branch of Mensa World Leaders Club ?
                      Come on. How can you not even make a passing shot at that Art A level of Harry's teacher?
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by ajbera
                        Kerry's Yale pic.
                        Yamma mamma, it's fright night.
                        "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                        "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                        "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Revealed:

Liberal plot to portray extinct giant sloth as smarter than Dear Leader

Sloth says: I was a Liberal dupe. I had help with my university courses from a wily coyote.

Bush Family celebrate proof of life inside Dear Leader's head.
                          Attached Files
                          Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by ajbera
                            Kerry's Yale pic.
                            My God, it's Lurch!

Comment

Working...
                            X