I'm a man and I like "Friends"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a man and I like "Friends"

Is it something wrong with me? I'm a man and I really like "Friends". I used to watch it on TV and now I'm buying the DVDs with all the seasons.

But most of my male friends do not seem to like the show (or even know it). Is it really a girl thing? Am I gay?
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Yes. Dissident likes it too, and she's... unique.

Then again, I'm a man and I like "Mad About You", so... Never liked "Friends", myself. Thought it was stupid and inane, rather than girly.
    B♭3

Comment

Friends was good in the first few seasons. Then everyone started dating everyone else and it began to suck. But Jennifer Aniston and Courtney Cox are H-O-T, and Lisa Kudrow ain't bad at all (they make her look worse than she actually is), so you can see that is why you are watching if pressed .
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Monica and Chandler dating was funny. Rachel and Ross was just stupid.

And all three of the girls are hot. Also, it has lesbians.
        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Re: I'm a man and I like "Friends"

Originally posted by Alex
          Am I gay?
          Only one thing can save you from the "gay" tag, and that's being in possession of tits and a minge.
          The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

I liked it... Joey made me laugh, and I would hit any one of those chicks.
            Monkey!!!

Comment

Lisa Kudrow

I personally thinks she is the most beautiful one of the three, especially in later series.

I like friends too and mad about you.
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Friends is unadulterated evil.
                Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

I like friends as well, though not enough to buy the DVD's. I watched them when they were on tv (new episodes). But I don't follow the reruns anymore.

Comment

Re: I'm a man and I like "Friends"

Originally posted by Alex
                    Is it something wrong with me? I'm a man and I really like "Friends". I used to watch it on TV and now I'm buying the DVDs with all the seasons.

But most of my male friends do not seem to like the show (or even know it). Is it really a girl thing? Am I gay?
                    Regardless of sex, there is plenty wrong with that!
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Joey

Comment

You only say you like it to imrpess girls.

Comment

No, you say you like Sex in the City to impress girls... you keep shows like Friends, Gilmore Girls, and The OC to yourself.
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

I always hated the show.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

those shows suck. I only watch friends because I thought the comedy was pretty good. Chandler is what made that show work. The other actors were decent, but Chandler was the star. He had prior comedy experience (only I had the displeasure of seeing one of his very early sitcoms).

Jenifer Aniston had prior comedy experience on a tv show called "The Edge" That was a good show on Fox, I don't know why they cancelled it.

Comment

Working...
                              X