Just bought a Logitech Mouse... very impressed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alva
    Jeezes...handling a mouse hurts your bodies??

Good thing none of you have proper jobs.
    I suppose you haven't heard of carpal tunnel syndrome.

Yes some of us are dedicated enough to play computer games for 16 hours straight. It helps to have that added support.

Comment

I have.
      I have too.

Notice the
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I hate those cushioned mousepads. They only help to create tension. Here's a website about ergonomics:

Powerful AI-driven Ergonomics software solutions, backed by board-certified ergonomists, support all of the roles your people play. Learn more here.

Conventional wisdom for wrist rests is that they can do no wrong and should always be used. This is wrong. They may be able to cause harm if they're too thick, too thin, too hard, or have sharp edges (even sharp edges of foam). They also can cause harm, we think, if they're constantly used --- they probably should be used just during pauses. The carpal tunnel is under the wrist/palm and should not be subjected to much extra pressure.

Conventional practice is to supply wrist rests for the keyboard but not the mouse. Mouse wrist rests are a good idea in many cases, but the same warnings apply.
        Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

I've found stuffed animals and rag dolls to be the ideal wristrests. Their asymmetrical shape means you can always find an ideal contour for the task.
          Visit First Cultural Industries
          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley
            I've found stuffed animals and rag dolls to be the ideal wristrests. Their asymmetrical shape means you can always find an ideal contour for the task.
            Post a photo of your desk – a sure candidate for weirdo of the week.
            Only feebs vote.

Comment

by default the mx510 runs at 125hz/400dpi over usb iirc, but you can get it going at 1000hz/800dpi by installing some stuff. huge difference in rts/fps gaming. mx518, and diamond back just came out and they'll run at 1000hz/1600dpi.
              Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

Yeah, I'm going to care. I played RON with it, and it's good enough for me.
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Working...
                X