No announcement yet.

Just bought a Logitech Mouse... very impressed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have some €15 mouse.. it fulfilled all my needs: small, cheap, USB and optical

The others were either wireless (which my aging notebook doesn't like), too large (I have to carry the mouse around with me in the notebook bag), not optical (igitt) or had a PS/2 connector (ugh).

The one I had before was a Logitech Mouseman Traveller, that was quite a good mouse (with its own leather bag to safe it from damage), but unfortunately in the end it had this error that it would double click all the time.

Comment

I have a cheap Logitech wireless at home... I have a cheap Microsoft wireless at work... both function equally well. I think the Microsoft one cost a few dollars more, but both were pretty inexpensive.
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
        Maybe, but the scroll wheel is a must.

I actually think that scroll wheels are really bad. They get painful after a while.

I'd rather give up every button on my mouse than my beloved scroll-wheel.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I'd rather give up every button on my mouse than my beloved scroll-wheel.

Doesn't your finger get sore? I use the buttons instead of the wheel. I have them mapped to Page Up and Page Down.
          Only feebs vote.

Comment

Yeah, it is amazing that Apple keeps selling out dated mice without scroll wheels on them. Plus at least the older Apple mice were not very ergonomic at all. I haven't used an Apple in 5 years so maybe they've changed their mouse design for the better by now.

In addition to the scroll wheel I also like having the forward and backward buttons right where my thumb naturally sites as well as the right button to provide additional options without touching the key board.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Doesn't your finger get sore?
              Never. Maybe you're scrolling to violently
              Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

In my haste to read your latest posts.
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

I have a Logitech optical mouse. I love it. Oh, and I agree with those saying the scroll wheel is a must. I hate using mice without one (ie, at work... where I'm posting from now).
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Yeah, it is amazing that Apple keeps selling out dated mice without scroll wheels on them. Plus at least the older Apple mice were not very ergonomic at all.

I'll agree that the original rectangular mac mouse was not very ergonomic. However, I find the current pro mouse to be the most comfortable.
                    Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                      * snip *
                      In addition to the scroll wheel I also like having the forward and backward buttons right where my thumb naturally sites as well as the right button to provide additional options without touching the key board.
                      I use the back button, but not the forward button. That one is set to close programs/windows(very handy when brouwsing, it used to be even better when I had no pop-up blocker.).
                      The latest MS driver blahblahblah regrettably doesn't work like it used to though, before it would close Word, while now, it will close the document in Word. )

Clicking the scroll wheel will show my desktop, no need to minimize any window.
                      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

In my haste to read your latest posts.
                        My posts are insightful. 2000 years from now, scholars will be studying them. Sometimes, I wonder why I hang out here, throwing all these pearls of wisdom to you swine. Oh, and I believe a is in order here...
                        Last edited by Nostromo; June 6, 2005, 15:09.
                        Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

I really don't see a reason to buy brand mice, but I still bought my dad one for his laptop. It was a logitec optical mouse.
                          urgh.NSFW

Comment

They will endless debates about them (and their possible hidden meaning) for sure.

I posts are insightful.

Comment

Originally posted by nostromo

I posts are insightful. 2000 years from now, scholars will be studying them...
                              and they will still be mystified at your grammar.
                              Only feebs vote.

Comment

Slooooooooow, soooo sloooow old chap.

Comment

Working...
                                X