No announcement yet.

No Medical Marijuana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So let the Feds regulate the interstate market and leave the intrastate markets alone.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
      The illegality of marijuana doesn't affect the fact that there is an interstate market which the Feds can regulate.
      I'm granting that the feds can outlaw interstate drug trafficking. I'm questioning whether, given the fact that the feds cannot outlaw me beating up my wife (Lopes), can the feds can outlaw me growing marijuana in my own backyard for my own use?

Comment

Originally posted by Gatekeeper
        I've never quite understood just why the supposed benefits of smoking pot cigarettes couldn't be derived into a drug of some sort. That way, one would get the benefit without the side effect of blackening one's lungs.

Gatekeeper
        Cook the marijuana in butter. Once it cools down you can spread it on toast or bake with it (no pun intended ). You get the same benifits from eating it as from smoking it so long as the pot has been cooked.
        Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
        I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

I'm sure Thoth learned that from reading a scientific article.

Comment

Eating marijuana
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

MJ tastes horrible.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

I'm granting that the feds can outlaw interstate drug trafficking. I'm questioning whether, given the fact that the feds cannot outlaw me beating up my wife (Lopes), can the feds can outlaw me growing marijuana in my own backyard for my own use?
                Beating up your wife has no effect on commerce, except maybe an indirect effect in purchasing of medical services on her part, or a 12-gauge.

Smoking dope for actual or alleged pharmaceutical reasons does have an effect on commerce, in that if you couldn't grow it, you'd buy it, or buy something else, and since you can grow it, you don't buy it or a substitute from another source.

The narrow view of the commerce clause you and che, among others, are espousing for this case is similar to the rationale used by the Hughes court to strike down Federal laws against child labor. In that era, commerce was viewed as segmented, such that manufacture and sale within state boundaries was distinct from subsequent sale across state boundaries, and still subsequent end sale within another state.

The segmented view of commerce would have required a different holding in Heart of Atlanta Motel and other civil rights cases involving private action, so the commerce clause interpretation has far broader implications than the convenience of smoking dope.

You can't have it both ways - the commerce clause has to be construed in the same manner regardless of the underlying social issue - interstate commerce is expansive, inclusive, and embodies the entire scope of supply and demand in the total marketplace, or it is arbitrarily segmented into single transactions and the Feds have no jurisdiction over any act which does not directly cross state lines.
                When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

I'm sure Thoth learned that from reading a scientific article.

I couldn't find any, so I had to conduct my own research.
                  Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                  I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                    So let the Feds regulate the interstate market and leave the intrastate markets alone.
                    Then let's go back to whites only hotels and diners, and child labor, unless each state wishes to regulate those issues on its own. In fact, let's regulate contraception under the same scheme, because the end sellers are operating in intrastate commerce.

See above post. (Mine, not thoth's )
                    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Even Chipmunks like a good hit now and then.
                      Attached Files
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

That is the logical enpoint, isn't it? Once Congress puts an end to interstate drug trafficking by banning it, then logically interstate commerce will not be affected by intra-state drug commerce. And that reasoning would go double for raising drugs for your own use. At that point, regulation would seem to be to be the sole province of the states as a health and safety issue.
                        Actually your logical endpoint would be a Berzerker like limitation on the federal government's power. If you want to go that way, it's your perogative .

In addition to MtG's correct statement, this reading would allow any drug usage as long as it was deemed to be grown within the state and then consumed in the state. It does have an effect on supply and demand which has an effect on interstate commerce.

Think about this way, your view would allow a baseball player to take steroids if the chemical processing and manufacture were all located in that state. It would not be illegal under your formulation, since it was entirely intrastate. However, that ignores the interstate effects if every state had legalized steroids 'intra-state'. It would affect prices in other states through supply and demand, for one. Secondly, advances in steroid production by one creator would spread to other states.

As MtG points out the only reason that Title VII is allowed to exist is because there is a broader view of interstate commerce, saying that hotels or businesses that discriminate against blacks in their commerical activities have many direct and indirect interstate economic effects, especially on travel and supply & demand for workers.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

You can also bake cookies after cooking the pot in butter. Here is an excellent recipe:

"2 1/2 c. flour [have more handy in case the batter is thin]
                          1 tsp. baking soda
                          1 tsp. salt
                          1 c. (2 sticks) butter -- have 3 sticks handy
                          3/4 c. granulated sugar
                          3/4 c. packed brown sugar
                          1 tsp. vanilla extract
                          2 eggs
                          2 c. chocolate chips (a 12 oz. package)
                          And of course, at least 1 oz. marijuana -- do not skimp!

You will also need two large bowls, a cookie sheet, an oven and a measuring cup.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook the weed with the butter [cook on low-medium, don't burn, cook about 10 - 15 min., butter should be dark brown.] Discard the cooked grass, and melt more butter until you have 1 cup.

In one bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt.

In another bowl combine butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract, beat until creamy. Beat in eggs.

Gradually add flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips [I actually make the dough with out chips, then top each cookie with a few chips after I've put it on the baking sheet.]

Drop by level measuring tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 375 degrees for 9-11 minutes. [In my experience, 9 min is fine, tends to burn after that.]

Makes 50-60 cookies.

Note: If you do not want to use a full ounce of pot, cut the ingredients in half, including the pot (i.e. 1/2 oz. pot, 1 1/4 c. flour, etc.). Or, for stronger cookies, cut all ingredients except the pot in half. The step-by-step instructions are based on the full ounce, 50-60 cookie recipe."

Tested, and it works very, very well. Can be powerful, so use caution.

(Hope I don't get in trouble with the mods for this.)

Comment

Originally posted by ajbera
                            You can also bake cookies after cooking the pot in butter.

That would be a waste of good THC. THC is not "activated" by heat. The opposite, in fact, is true. Heat (and moisture) breaks THC down. The reason you cook it in butter is cuz THC is fat soluable and will transfer from the plant to the butter. The less it is subjected to heat and moisture, the better.

BTW, THC is only one of the canibinoids respnosible for getting you high. IIRC, the other important one is CBN, which determines length of high.

Consumed pot is far more potent than smoked.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Brownies are suppose to be good with pot, but I didn't get much of a buzz when I tried it.
                              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Che, all I gotta say is "try the recipe." It is very potent, and has an excellent duration.

I have known people who just make pot butter and leave it in the fridge to spread on toast, etc., but there is the question of dosage. In the cookie recipe, 1 oz makes about 60 cookies, so you have an idea of what you'll be feeling when you eat one.

However, some of the cookies usually wind up being more potent than others. My friend got so high with one of my cookies a few weeks back he got the spins and vomited, had to lie down for a bit before the high had mellowed. My cookie got me perfectly high, and they were roughly equivalent sizes.

Still, I heartily recommend our fellow 'Polystoners try it out.

Comment

Working...
                                X