macros in this project have been disabled - DIE WORD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• macros in this project have been disabled - DIE WORD

Suddenly my little brother, when he tries to save, gets this "macros in this project have been disabled". There are no macros in his document. It won't let him save. How do I fix this?

How big/simple is the document? Can he highlight, copy & paste into another document, then save it?

Comment

On that note, why can't MS Word have an option to just completely remove macros on installation, since I've never seen them cause anything but pain and suffering?

Comment

Originally posted by ajbera
        How big/simple is the document? Can he highlight, copy & paste into another document, then save it?
        If he opens a new document, it has the same problem.

Comment

Try locating and deleting the MS Word template, it'll then recreate a fresh one, probably trouble-free. What version of Office/Word? XP?

XP Office templates are in C\Docs & Settings\username\templates.

Comment

Also, if he's worried about losing the work, highlight, copy & paste into Wordpad or Notepad for now.

Comment

Originally posted by ajbera
              Try locating and deleting the MS Word template, it'll then recreate a fresh one, probably trouble-free. What version of Office/Word? XP?

XP Office templates are in C\Docs & Settings\username\templates.
              Thank you.

The problem was, it turns out, my little brother tried (not entirely successfully) to install some old voice recognition software we have, and it created a template full of macros - but when he unistalled the software, it didn't remove the template

Comment

Working...
              X