X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome courses, starchild.
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Oh, they do look absolutely fantastic. I can't wait for the Biochem/Medicinal Chem/Cell Bio lectures to get started.
      Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
      -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Biochemical Engineering MSc fun-ness. Can't remember what the modules are exactly.

Comment

Grad. E&M (Jackson)
          Grad. Methods in Mathematical Physics/Topology II/Grad. Biophysics
          History of the Blues
          History of Latin American Revolutions in the 20th C
          Intro Biology
          "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
          -Bokonon

Comment

Math 5021: Complex Analysis I
            Math 5031: Algebra I
            Phil 315: Philosophy of Mind
            PolSci 344: Courts and Civil Liberties
            Span 336: Spanish American Literature II
            Ling 4060: Semantics

Comment

Originally posted by Flip McWho
              Ok so the papers i'm doing next semester (because our year is half way through) are:

PHIL 325: Metaphysics

PHIL 363: Topic in Political Philosophy

POLS 371: International Co-operation and Conflict

Should hopefully be interesting and I can pull the stick out and do the necessary work.
              You must be at Vic. Is Max Cresswell still there?
              Only feebs vote.

Comment

This summer I'm taking eight credits of "independent study," and four credits of "MBA jackoffery" (MBA 750: Leading Teams and Organizations). I've got to take twelve graduate credits outside of the CS department, and I've got to take twelve business credits to get promoted to some ridiculously high-paying position that I won't be promoted to for another twenty years (if ever), so I figure, heck, might as well temporarily join the dark side and kill two birds with one stone.

I'll be able to start my residency research in the fall, knock on wood.
                <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by Starchild
                  Oh, they do look absolutely fantastic. I can't wait for the Biochem/Medicinal Chem/Cell Bio lectures to get started.
                  Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                  "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

I'll be taking

Baby Talk 104A: How to "goo goo" and make funny faces

Sleep Depravation 202A: I'm in the advance course having worked 12 hour graveyard shifts

HAZMAT Handling 3A: Not really looking forward to this

In-law Avoidance/Excuses 101: I'm already practicing this one
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat

At Starchild as well
                      "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                      ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                      "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Next term I am no longer a computer scientist. Hooray, no boring but well paying job for me.
                        I'm taking:
                        • Animal Biology -- Behaviour and Ecology, Brains and Behaviour
                        • Ecology -- The Global Marine Ecosystem, The Ecology of Change in freshwaters, terrestrial systems and the atmosphere.
                        • History and Philosophy of Science -- Natural Philosophy, Philosophy of Science
                        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

My wife went from poly sci to animal science... she's done well with Animal Science, and could possibly gone far and made good money if she had any ambition. Hell, she settled for me!
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

Man, computer science is exciting and evolving.

No other fields are really moving at the same pace.

Once you get past the boring fundamentals you get on to the really intriguing stuff, like AI.
                            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

There's a couple local to my area, one 9 and one 18. The course I'd like to 'take' is Pebble Beach.
                              It's a dream.
                              Long time member @ Apolyton
                              Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

The course I'd like to 'take' is Pebble Beach
                                I don't golf, but I have been to Pebble Beach several times. The restaurant "Roys" there is really good. It's a chain, but I think that one is the best. Best views as well... Good prices, great lunch.

Also, Monterey is a great place to hang out for a day or two.
                                Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X