Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

The problem is that I'm up against a rather strident corporate policy, and the position he'll be working is one of high liability (driving a company vehicle).

On top of that, he has a DUI and reckless driving charge that was dismissed because of a diversionary program...

EDIT: But, he did disclose the other charges to us beforehand and gave me a letter from his lawyer explaining the dismissals via the diversionary program.
      Is the paraphernalia charge more recent or older than the traffic charge?

How old is the DUI/reckless, and do you have any info on his blood alcohol?

I'm all in favor of giving people the benefit of the doubt, but this guy is extremely marginal for driving a company vehicle.
      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
        I'm all in favor of giving people the benefit of the doubt
        You must be a crappy moderator then

Comment

Yeah.

DUI for a driving job is a bit much.
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

The Reckless Driving charge was 10/2003 (the DUI isn't even on the background report, that has been expunged already). This charge is due to be expunged in 11 days.

I'd love to give him the benefit of the doubt, but my misgivings are quite strong.
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Nobody else applied for the job?
              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                Nobody else applied for the job?
                Well, we had a small pool of candidates for it, conducted interviews, and he was selected for it. But it's always pending the background check coming back okay. If I nix him, I have to go back and start the background check process all over for another candidate, which takes 3-5 days. And this position is supposed to start Monday.

So, would you want this man handing out free ice cream to people?
                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

You must be a crappy moderator then
                  The other half of that is the principle: "When in doubt, wipe 'em out."
                  When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                    The Reckless Driving charge was 10/2003 (the DUI isn't even on the background report, that has been expunged already). This charge is due to be expunged in 11 days.

I'd love to give him the benefit of the doubt, but my misgivings are quite strong.
                    So the reckless and the DUI were two separate charges? and a paraphernalia charge to boot?

**** him, then. - I'm not sure you guys could insure him under a commercial vehicle policy - IIRC, at least with some companies, they see the full view record, i.e. convictions and any expungements.

Comment

Well technically I don't know if it's a crime, I mean in here misdemeanor = rike. Felony = rikos. Rikos = Crime, where as rike != crime.

So in some logics, it could be interpreted as not lying, even though it means some foreigner is interpreting it, based on straight translation of his own perverted language .

If it was me, I'd just straight ask what the parephenilia was. If he says bong, I'd say well, if you are going to smoke weed, you won't get this job. Then see how he reacts ro something. Is he sincere or not, or is he trying to play you. If he says crack pipe, forget about it...

But basically it could mean he just drove like **** one day, plus he has sometimes smoked a bit pot in his own time, and got caught with a pipe or something, and that's it. The crime of his life. Then again, it might be the top of the mountain and in fact he was driving under the influence of crack cocaine and is an addict, criminal, and not to be trusted with a vehicle. Who knows.. don't take any risks but if you can, hear him out..
                      In da butt.
                      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Working...
                      X