Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dissident

you have to be 21 to drink alcohol.

The fact is, she's still in high school, and the school has taken responsibility for her.
    That depends where you are living/staying. Unless I'm wrong, most european countries has a 18 year limit that is pretty liberal outside public places. Any 18 year old american visiting such a place is of course allowed to drink alcohol since american laws doesn't apply.

Not even the fact that the school back in us has taken responsibility mean anything - actually, if the teachers accompanying the students tried to enforce american rules against such a students wishes, the teachers would be at risk of being arrested (well, maybe not that bad, but they would be told that they had no real authority .
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I think she's pretty. Not all blondes are sluts (just most of them)
      it's nothing to to with blonde hair, you can tell sluts by their excessive use of eyeliner

Comment

her face looks photoshoped

saw this on the news this morning, her parents are worried and that sucks

she probably ran off with some rasta with a bag of hash
        Monkey!!!

Comment

her parents are worried that her face was photoshopped?

The island has less than 100,000 people. You'd think it wouldn't take long to find her.

Comment

Sadly, she's probably dead (or will be soon.) After Elizabeth Smart, we're gonna have to wait a long time for another miraculous recovery.

[soapbox]While I am also angry at the inordinate attention given to caucasian missing girls/women over minorities, making fun of missing persons (particularly those who are usually kidnapped, raped, brutalized, and murdered) pretty much makes you an asshole.[/soapbox]

Comment

Heartless some of you are. Disappointed I am.
              Long time member @ Apolyton
              Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

keep Yoda speak out of my thread.

Comment

you have to be 21 to drink alcohol.

The fact is, she's still in high school, and the school has taken responsibility for her.
                  The legal age is 18 in aruba. Or rather they don't really check at all really. Just because she's American doesn't mean she can't drink when she leaves that puritanical country

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                    Dead she is. Chillout you should

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                      No. This is a story about an adult woman that maybe, mabye not is dead. Of course it's sad if she is dead, and if it's in a cruel and meaningless way there are reason to be outraged, but if we should be that for every human that suffers this, then we weren't able to do anything else.
                      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

her parents are worried that her face was photoshopped?

The island has less than 100,000 people. You'd think it wouldn't take long to find her.
                        If she was kidnapped, it's likely that they took her off the island and put her in a Venezualian prostitution ring.
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us
                          and she's 18 years old, so I think it's safe to say: i'd hit it.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

You know... on my planet, we have this little thing we call "tact". The schadenfreude in this thread is ridiculous.
                            Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Actually, most schools have the kids sign what amounts to a contract saying that they will abide by school rules while on the trip. At our school we had some trouble because a couple kids who already graduated ended up on the Spain trip and bought some alchohol "to bring home for their parents" and the school couldn't do jack. However the school can do whatever it wants in the form of punishment, send the kid back, expel, suspend or whatever on a school trip because the student has made an agreement with the school. To be honest I think the act of paying for the trip may be an admission by the student that the school holds authority.
                              I never know their names, But i smile just the same
                              New faces...Strange places,
                              Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
                              -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

I have no idea what that picture means. I must be dense.

Comment

Working...
                                X