No announcement yet.

chicago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd advise to PM Ming and rah. Che and Theben are also familiar.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Ming and Rah both live in the NW suburbs. I haven't lived in Chicago for four years, and Theben five. In general, stay away from the West Side, which is a very narrow strip of the city going strait west from downtown. Parts are okay, but the West Side scares South Siders.

The South Side has lots of great neighborhoods, like Hyde Park, Pilsen, etc. It also has some scarey neighborhoods. I wouldn't rule out the West Side.

Some White neighborhoods are just as scarey as the minority ghettos. The Patch, where I once lived, isn't really a place to be if you aren't Italian, though it's gentrifying. Bridgeport is kinda schizo. The Irish part isn't safe for non-Irish, the Chinese part (Chinatown) is safe, and Pilsen is an up and coming Mexican neighborhood (strawberry tamales, yum!)

Bucktown / Wicker Park / east Humbodlt Park / Logan Square are the hip parts of the city, where the alternative youth culture is situated.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

thanks che
        "If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun." -Katherine Hepburn

Comment

Working...
        X