No announcement yet.

Professional Stupidities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I politely asked you to NOT argue about this, because it's threadjacking. Whath do you do? You start debating. I wonder if I know better what I meant with the whole thread than you? Keep your ****ing cookies.

If you can't figure what I want, it's your problem. Stop threadjacking already. If you don't get it, then just don't post in this thread, that simple.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
      I've made 50L of 1M HCL without a gas mask... never again
      Urk! I made a few litres of 1M+ HCl without a gas mask or gloves, outside of a fume hood. When I spilt some stuff on a bench and saw smoke rising, I pretty quickly decided to take proper precautions
      mssv.net - After Our Time - Six to Start

Comment

The lads in the plant who put sodium azide (and quite a bit of it!) into a heated reactor vessel without any water...could have been interesting!
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Not my stupidity (I wasn't managing the kilns), but I was at a community raku firing done by the local potters guild here. First they set a tree on fire by taking something out of the kiln and seting it on the ground right next to a tree, the bark quickly catching on fire. And then, if you can believe it, they burnt a hole in the gas line to the kiln (which was running) after a kiln shelf that they took out to cool fell off the ledge they where resting them and into a pile of dead leaves and stones, which the hose happaned to be running under. And then after replacing the hose, they caused it to backfire (something to do with keeping the kiln close while starting it up fresh again), making a loud explosion sound but amazingly not damaging anything.

Frankly, I'm a bit surprisd that I'm still alive after that.
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
            I politely asked you to NOT argue about this, because it's threadjacking. Whath do you do? You start debating. I wonder if I know better what I meant with the whole thread than you? Keep your ****ing cookies.

If you can't figure what I want, it's your problem. Stop threadjacking already. If you don't get it, then just don't post in this thread, that simple.
            What the heck are you talking about ? The title of this thread is " Professional Stupidities" and all my answers has been about that. Well, You may have an excuse since the OP is a wery good description of "NonProfessional Stupidities" , but it is really not my problem that you can't make consistent thread titles an OP's.

If you aren't able to make consistent thread titles and OP's, why don't you then stop making threads ?

And please stop the whining ! None of my answers has been outside of topic.
            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Real professionals wing it.
              No we don't. At least not with our own data.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Re: Professional Stupidities

You just got to avoid them from the get go.
                Pretty much what I do with my Windows boxes.

In the bad old days of DOS, viruses took skill to write. They were quite small, usually several kilobytes in size, yet did everything. Of course, those were real viruses, which means they hijacked actual programs to spread, so they were much more insidious as well. Other than comparing the size of suspect programs with real ones, the only other way to find out was to use a scanner.

Nowadays anklebiters lack the skills to write these programs. So instead they craft cruddy stuff with VB/etc. and send them out with dumb e-mail messages such as "Open the attachment. Pretty please." Something like that. And it's so easy to spot that scanners are no longer necessarily.
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Chemists and chemical engineers have by far the best errors.

A friend of mine poured some 200ml of n-BuLi into the dumpster.

That was interesting.
                  urgh.NSFW

Comment

What does that stuff do?

Comment

It's a simple organometallic compound. Reacts, ahem, vigorously with water.
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

i never ever made any notes...for what ever i did...was it high school college work...what ever...but ever since i had the brilliant solution to a double list problem at work and forgot it afterwards i always made notes...thank god i had the exact same brilliant idea 3 days later and now the entire backlog of 5 years i being sorted by my brilliant computer program....written in basic
                        Bunnies!
                        Welcome to the DBTSverse!
                        God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
                        'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

Patent your algorithm

Comment

Working...
                          X