Connecticut OKs $100M for stem cell research

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecticut OKs $100M for stem cell research

HARTFORD, Conn. -- A multi million dollar stem cell research plan is headed to the Connecticut governor's desk.
    The state House of Representatives has approved a ten-year, $100 million plan. The Connecticut Senate has already approved the measure and Governor Jodi Rell says she will sign it.

Connecticut is hoping to compete with other states in the research arena. Neighboring Massachusetts has a new law -- enacted after state lawmakers overturned a gubernatorial veto with the same goal in mind.

California is investing $3 billion toward stem cell research and New Jersey is considering a $380 million investment.

Yay for the forward advancement of medical technology!

Cool. Glad to see more of the state and local branches taking their own initiatives against some of Bush's policies.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Say no to silly Christian Fundamentalism.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

and yes to forcing people to pay for what they consider murder

Comment

Stop forcing me to read your posts.
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Stem cells

Ted Striker
            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

...a gubernatorial veto...
              A WHAT?!
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

What is so shocking about a Governor's veto?
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

He means that Gubernatorial is a funny yankee word.
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Guber. Hee hee!
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Just wait til he hears that Maggie Thatcher was a Gubernatrix.
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

w00t for C0nnecticut!

Now if they would only finish construction on I-95.
                        Visit The Frontier for all your geopolitical, historical, sci-fi, and fantasy forum gaming needs.

Comment

Trying to confuse stem cell research with embryonic stem cell research.
                          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

embryonic stem cell research is a subset of stem cell research.
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

It's an obvious attempt at a political sleight of hand.
                              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Working...
                              X