Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kuci is a genocider

he kills teh fruit flies for SCIENCE

Well, I can tell this is going to be a lively one.

Comment

You posted in it, didn't you?

Comment

Bunnies!
        Welcome to the DBTSverse!
        God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
        'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

Ah, I remember my albino fruit flies. . .Screwed up my experiments, the bloody bastards did!
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

double
            Bunnies!
            Welcome to the DBTSverse!
            God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
            'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
              Ah, I remember my albino fruit flies. . .Screwed up my experiments, the bloody bastards did!

That was the nice thing about fruit flies... you knew what the results should be, so it was easy to fake the data
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

So...were these the wingless ones, the one with extra legs, the ones with white eyes, or some other varient created by geneticists with way too much time on their hands?
                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

you hate SCIENCE Ming

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk
                    So...were these the wingless ones, the one with extra legs, the ones with white eyes, or some other varient created by geneticists with way too much time on their hands?
                    Long wings/no wings, red eyes/not red eyes, and tan body/black body. We just finished counting out our F2 generation.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

That was the nice thing about fruit flies... you knew what the results should be, so it was easy to fake the data
                      Not easy to do in a small high school lab. Actually, I just separarted them from the rest and ran an extra experiment with them. If I wasn't such an obvious slacker, I might have been labelled a nerd.
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

While I was doing my bio undergrad, one of my PhD friends once told me that they had an automatic fruit-fly sorting machine that would funnel them through tubes depending on whether they had white eyes or red eyes, wingless, etc... I totally fell for it although I still wonder whether she might have been telling the truth. I guess a grad student could be called 'an automatic fruit-fly sorting machine'...
                        mssv.net - After Our Time - Six to Start

Comment

SCIENCE is much too important to be left in the hands of real-world experiments.
                          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Hon

While I was doing my bio undergrad, one of my PhD friends once told me that they had an automatic fruit-fly sorting machine that would funnel them through tubes depending on whether they had white eyes or red eyes, wingless, etc... I totally fell for it although I still wonder whether she might have been telling the truth. I guess a grad student could be called 'an automatic fruit-fly sorting machine'...

SUCKER!!!!
                            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Nothing in geology makes sense without beer.
                              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Working...
                              X