Andromeda bigger than initially thought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andromeda bigger than initially thought

Once again, astronomers cannot explain the unified spin because they neglect the EM effects. Using plasma theory, the unified spin is easily explainable.
    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Damnable galactic showoffs!

Comment

but do they have life?!
      Monkey!!!

Comment

I've never heard anything about plasma theory in any serious books on cosmology. I thought the spin was explained by interactions with dark matter and dark energy (and the effects of all of that on the Higgs field).
        "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
        "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
        2004 Presidential Candidate
        2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

So, now the universe is another 10 billion years older then we thought
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Why?
            Long time member @ Apolyton
            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
              So, now the universe is another 10 billion years older then we thought
              Dammit! Now I have reset my clock again!
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
                Dammit! Now I have reset my clock again!
                Not so fast. I heard they determined the current age (14 billion years) by measuring how long it took light to travel from the edge of observable space. If that is true then shouldn't the current age be 28 billion years? That is, the time required for the edge to expand to 14 billion LYs away plus the time it took for the light to travel from that far away?
                "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                2004 Presidential Candidate
                2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

The more billion years the bigger the change for life to start and become intelligent
                  As a true evolutionist I would always support more billion years! Gimme more gimme more

Comment

BS! The universe was created last friday!

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
                      The more billion years the bigger the change for life to start and become intelligent
                      As a true evolutionist I would always support more billion years! Gimme more gimme more
                      I see your passage to the dark side is now complete
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

What this means is that we're going to crash into that bad boy sooner, rather than later.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison

I see your passage to the dark side is now complete
                          I see that you finally agree that your side is the dark side
                          acknowledging that is the first step to turning over to the good side

Comment

What have the plasma physicists done for us lately? They need to figure out a propulsion device for us to go to Andromeda.
                            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
                              What have the plasma physicists done for us lately? They need to figure out a propulsion device for us to go to Andromeda.
                              That could be difficult so long as people like you aren't bothered by the fact that such a teeny tiny percentage of human economic activity is directed towards the necessary basic research.

Comment

Working...
                              X