Osama helps the advertising business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ming
    Actually... he's not really helping the ad business... at least from a monatary basis...

Ads from the Ad Council are developed pro bono by ad agencies, and the media space is donated by the media companies... Just the advertising/media industry performing a public service
    so Osama just gave a new reason from the advertising/media industry to show a good face to the goverment
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
      I remember soon after 9/11, airlines and hotels showed advertisements urging people to stop showing fear to terrorists by shelling out money for airline tickets and hotel rooms.

Talk about tasteless, cold-hearted exploitation of the loss of 2,000+ lives for the sake of recovering business profits.
      Well, someone needs to make money.
      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
        so Osama just gave a new reason from the advertising/media industry to show a good face to the goverment
        It's for a good cause
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I wasn't being a smartass.

I am not curious about intentions. I know they are being done with good intentions, and I am sure I do not need to point out the various English language aphorisms related to 'good intentions.' I am, however, curious to hear from an insider -- ie, you -- whether the industry has done studies on their effectiveness.

I never smoked for reasons not related to the Ad Council (), but I have noted that they are far less embarassingly bad than most of the drug ones still in circulation.
          Visit The Frontier for all your geopolitical, historical, sci-fi, and fantasy forum gaming needs.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat

Well, someone needs to make money.

You're an evil capitalist.
            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
            X