No announcement yet.

I just saw the movie . . . . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're talking about Cronenberg's Crash. Mr Fun is talking about another movie called Crash.
    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

that still doesn't change the fact that Canadians are weird perverts.

Comment

It costs $5 for a beer in Canada someone told me. Sick freaks.
        Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Crash was a fine movie, MrFun. Don't let these "XXX: State of the Union" fanboys bother you.

However, I got the feeling that everybody was perhaps a little too concerned with race than they are in the real world. Perhaps some of 'poly's Angeleno's can tell us how things are in LA in regards to race consciousness. Zkribbler? Anyone?

Comment

Re: Re: I just saw the movie . . . . . .

Originally posted by Wittlich

Ok.....and I for one, still am clueless as to what this movie is that MrFun (and I guess you all in turn) are talking about.

Signed,

Clueless in "The City"
            Now that you followed the link provided by nostro, are you liberated from cluelessness?
            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
              Crash was a fine movie, MrFun. Don't let these "XXX: State of the Union" fanboys bother you.

However, I got the feeling that everybody was perhaps a little too concerned with race than they are in the real world. Perhaps some of 'poly's Angeleno's can tell us how things are in LA in regards to race consciousness. Zkribbler? Anyone?
              You're right about the observation that there were some exaggerations of some of the characters' emotions.

But even if the film is not 100% realistic, we can still take the opportunity to enjoy the film. And yes, I would like to see what Zkribbler and other Angeleons think of the film -- do they think it's crap, or that it was fairly good?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT

Has anyone seen Grand Canyon? I always felt race was too big an issue in that film as well. But it's what the film was about, so they couldn't ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                  that movie was sick. having penetrating sex with wounds. ugh.
                  But it was interesting. Before I saw it, I thought I'd seen it all. But no, it proved me wrong. Btw, its an adaptation of Ballards book, Crash. And Ballard isn't a Canadian, he's a Brit.

Canadians are weird people.
                  I would say that there are a lot more weirdos in the States. A while ago, I started a thread on this. Cronenberg also adapted Burroughs' Naked Lunch, a good example of an American weirdo.
                  Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

here's a weird American
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X