Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just saw the movie . . . . . .

Crash.

I really enjoyed all of it. The movie portrayed the complexity of different races/ethnicities by thinking outside of the simplistic, unrealistic "black versus white" box.

Plus the fact that nearly all the characters in the movie had their own type of clay feet -- I don't recall any one of them representing the perfect hero/heroine.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

I assume you're not talking about David Cronenberg's Crash
    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

I never heard of David Cronenberg.

Comment

Too bad.
        If at first you don't succeed, take the bloody hint and give up.

Comment

So who is/was David Cronenberg?

Comment

Clay feet= cement shoes?
            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
              So who is/was David Cronenberg?
              Here you go

Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
                Clay feet= cement shoes?

For a minute there I was hoping it was an artsy film where everyone litterally had clay feet. Then I figured out it was just some stupid metaphore of MrFun's.
                Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Re: I just saw the movie . . . . . .

Plus the fact that nearly all the characters in the movie had their own type of clay feet -- I don't recall any one of them representing the perfect hero/heroine.
                  All good characters should have flaws and weaknesses, and the bad characters should have some endearing traits.
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd

For a minute there I was hoping it was an artsy film where everyone litterally had clay feet. Then I figured out it was just some stupid metaphore of MrFun's.
                    It's not stupid metaphor. Phiolosophers and other intellectuals use this metaphor -- I certainly am not the originator of the "clay feet" metaphor.

Comment

Re: Re: I just saw the movie . . . . . .

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

All good characters should have flaws and weaknesses, and the bad characters should have some endearing traits.
                      And the film does both, IMO. The cop who is portrayed as racist and callously insensitive in one scene, is shown some of his softer, humane traits in another scene with his terminally-ill father.

Comment

It's not stupid metaphor. Phiolosophers and other intellectuals use this metaphor -- I certainly am not the originator of the "clay feet" metaphor.
                        Don't listen to Ludd, he's illiterate Irc, the metaphor can be found in the Bible. So its a bit worn.

Comment

Re: I just saw the movie . . . . . .

Crash.

I really enjoyed all of it. The movie portrayed the complexity of different races/ethnicities by thinking outside of the simplistic, unrealistic "black versus white" box.

Ok.....and I for one, still am clueless as to what this movie is that MrFun (and I guess you all in turn) are talking about.

Signed,

Clueless in "The City"
                          "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                          "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Re: Re: I just saw the movie . . . . . .

Originally posted by Wittlich

Ok.....and I for one, still am clueless as to what this movie is that MrFun (and I guess you all in turn) are talking about.

Signed,

Clueless in "The City"
                            I assume he's talking about this movie:

Comment

that movie was sick. having penetrating sex with wounds. ugh.

Canadians are weird people.

Comment

Working...
                              X