U.S. of A: Savior of the world!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll take money any day of the week.
    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
      Wow, such an indepth arguement.....

Yours isn't much more so.

If I give money to, say, a hospital for a tax break, and it ends up saving your life, you shouldn't be a little be grateful?

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

If I give money to, say, a hospital for a tax break, and it ends up saving your life, you shouldn't be a little be grateful?
        To the hospital or the moeny donor ?

Well, I guess that lots of countries are willing to donate money and equipment to US for building whatever is nessecary to knock out an asteroid.

Actually, such donations should make US gratefull to those donators
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

We are. So grateful that we help them through their regime changes

Comment

"Anyway, I suggest the US redirect chunks of the metior to destroy the cities of countries in which there is stuff we want. These cities would have been destroyed anyway, so no big deal. Then, all the ingrates will be dead, as they would have been anyway, and we, the US, can get what we need."

Briliant!
            Long time member @ Apolyton
            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Narcissist.
              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

I can just see President Bush giving our sympathy to the world.

"We deeply regret that in saving the world from certain destruction we were unable to save Iran, North Korea, Syria, Saudi Arabia, China's industrial areas, and some other countries I can't pronounce. My particular condolances go out to France, for the loss of their lovely capitol, Paris.

I'm going to soo miss Paris. "

Comment

"Narcissist." I don't know what this means.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

So what? If the hospital then came and demanded your servitude for their saving your life, would you give it?

NO.

And I bet you your gratitude would be short lived.
                    If you don't like reality, change it! me
                    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Originally posted by BeBro
                      Haven't read all answers, but I think the US would have no success in "puppetrizing the world" because

- some people wouldn't believe there was a real danger at all

- some people would say the US created the meteorit (or at last changed its course so that it could hit the Earth) to play savior, and to win political capital from it

- some would say they didn't care about the world when acting, only about the US

- some would also say it was all due to the evil US/EU/Russian/Chinese/Jewish/black/white/communist/capitalist/whatever conspiracy, but that doesn't have anything to with the original question. We also would have lots of Poly threads about it.

So in other words nothing would be substantially different from the situation today.
                      I hate to say it, but the above answer is about right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lancer
                        "Unless they pay us.....one m i l l i o n dollars"

We need a smiley with a pinky finger to the mouth.

Stolen from http://forum.spacebattles.com/index.php?

I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Working...
                        X