Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kalius
    And they say Japan is guilty of revisionist history
    Enlighten me. In what way or form is that historical revisionism?
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Manchuria, Tibet and Xinjiang as independent nations
      showed Taiwan as a part of Japan
      "All these severely distort historical facts and violate China's gaming and internet service regulations,"
      Consider yeself enlightened.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
        I think they should do that, but put in big letters "becuase of Chinese laws/whatever, we're not allowed to show you the full search results" or something like that.
        Yea, that's a good way to do it. I'd also like to see google news quit using Xinhua as the top source for a story so often. Perhaps another disclaimer is in order in this case.
        He's got the Midas touch.
        But he touched it too much!
        Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Hm, I've never heard of France and Germany banning Nazi sites - in Austria, for my part, it's not difficult to find Nazi junk via Google - I doubt very much that there have ever been efforts to limit that. What I do think is that France and Germany may have tried to get sites removed (from Yahoo etc.) who promote unconstitutional propaganda of specific banned groups within Germany/France. And I would argue any time for the legitimacy of such a policy - after all, I'd like to know how many terrorist websites get removed and are blocked by Americans...
          "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
          "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Originally posted by Wernazuma III
            And I would argue any time for the legitimacy of such a policy - after all, I'd like to know how many terrorist websites get removed and are blocked by Americans...
            I've never heard of this happening, though I imagine that it would be illegal here if the site was used to actively conspire to commit illegal acts rather than acting solely as an information / propoganda outlet.
            He's got the Midas touch.
            But he touched it too much!
            Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Enlighten me. In what way or form is that historical revisionism?
              Hey UR! It's a bit off topic, but you've said your family is originally from northern China. Just curious about when they, or just you, moved to Hong Kong.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
              X