Work Work Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work Work Work

So I worked late last night (2:30am) because there was a huge wedding banquet, which produced a crap load of dishes. This morning Im going in before 7am, and chances are the new guy they hired to be the third stweward (dish washer) wont show up this afternoon (lazy ass got chewed out last night, twice). If thats the case I could very well be working all day from 7am to 11pm on just a few hours sleep. That would also kill my days off until they found another new guy.

Anyway what are some tricks to staying awake, because Im ****ing out of it right now.

I also feel like mentioning I didnt have time to do laundry, so Im wearing a different pair of dirty clothes.

Comment

you can shoot amphetamine.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

A few shots of espresso should do the trick. A triple-shot will bring me back to life after 24 hours of sleeplessness. Don't do this often though, otherwise you will get used to it and will just be sleepy without coffee by default, which is a bad thing.

As a side note, the most coffee I've ever seen drunk was 14 double-shots of espresso in a row. The guy stayed awake for about 48 hours before, and the same - after. It's definitely not recommended to do that, though to a casual observer, the result is a rather humorous sight.
        XBox Live: VovanSim
        xbox.com (login required)
        Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
        Spore page

Comment

Re: Work Work Work

Originally posted by Space05us
          So I worked late last night (2:30am) because there was a huge wedding banquet, which produced a crap load of dishes. This morning Im going in before 7am, and chances are the new guy they hired to be the third stweward (dish washer) wont show up this afternoon (lazy ass got chewed out last night, twice). If thats the case I could very well be working all day from 7am to 11pm on just a few hours sleep. That would also kill my days off until they found another new guy.

Anyway what are some tricks to staying awake, because Im ****ing out of it right now.
          Here's something to keep your body..stimulated:

Comment

don't spend time posting here when you could be sleeping.

Comment

After walking about a block I was wide awake. Work kept me awake, I love work.

I also love Verto

Comment

I love your enthusiasm. This is a fading period. See you in two weeks.
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Pekka, he's out of Barrow... he'd probably love working 24 hours straight he's on such a high .
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Don't be depressed. Just wait until you get your paycheck. Anything over 40 hours should get you time and a half and that equals $$$$$$$.
                    If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

Originally posted by Timexwatch
                      Don't be depressed. Just wait until you get your paycheck. Anything over 40 hours should get you time and a half and that equals $$$$$$$.
                      He isn't depressed. That's the problem.
                      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                        Pekka, he's out of Barrow... he'd probably love working 24 hours straight he's on such a high .
                        I tried to convince the boss to schedule me for 7 days a week. He told me that even though I might want that now it would catch up to me fast and in a bad way. He's old, so he's probably right.

I almost got to work a double shift (7-3 & 3-11) but the guy that we thought wasnt going to show up did.

In the end it was for the better though, I got a ride home, and did some networking.

Comment

I've been working for 6 days a week for a couple of months now. I actually hate working overtime. It doesn't fit with my lazy personality, and doesn't leave enough gaming time (and I can't go camping ).

But it turns out it was a good thing, as my Air Conditioning unit just went out. $1700 to fix it. The extra cash comes in handy. I know, I should live someplace where I don't need an A/C unit. And don't tell me the people in the olden days didn't have them. Back when my city was first settled 100 years ago, nightime temperatures dropped down to a reasonable level, allowing you to sleep at night. But with the amound of asphalt and concrete in our city now the heat island effect causes our night time temperatures to not go under 100 degrees until maybe 5:00 AM.

Comment

I love how enthusiastic you are about your job despite the fact it is only dishwashing. I guarantee you, the novelty will wear off, and damn fast
                            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

it's the location. I can't blame him from what I heard about Barrow, Alaska.

Comment

Working...
                              X