• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Az
    This is not Klingon blood!

Comment

• Comment

Attached Files
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Sindarin, Verto?
          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher

I tried it for Windows and was massively impressed.

Not only does it install three new resource-sucking services I'll never use without my permission (Bonjour and iPod Helper and iTunes CD burning), the installer's taskbar name is "QT_INSTALLER_TITLE" and during the process "IDriver.exe" crashed.

Quite an impressive start.
            You're in the wrong business. Someone who can't get their computer to install a simple piece of software that elderly grandmothers have no problem installing is clearly a fool of epic proportions when it comes to computers.
            Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Asher speaks truth.

iTunes is crap and loaded with useless BLOATWARE
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
                Sindarin, Verto?
                That particular desktop was labeled as Hobbiton by the creator. I have a set of IIRC 6 different LotR desktops (5 similar to the one pictured above, except they represent Mordor, Lorien, Rohan, etc., another is a landscape shot of Mordor with Orodruin and Barad-dur in the back. I am on the lookout for other high-quality, high-res backgrounds, as well as excuses to put up more folders, external HDs etc on my desktop so I can take advantage of this very cool Tolkien icon set Agathon was kind enough to provide a link to.

I also am working on getting Star Wars, Star Trek and other shows and movies, with corresponding desktops and icons that I would rotate through every couple months.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava
                  Asher speaks truth.

iTunes is crap and loaded with useless BLOATWARE
                  Many people use those things. Bonjour is used extensively over the university's network, and given the size of today's hard drives iTunes is nothing.
                  Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agathon
                    You're in the wrong business. Someone who can't get their computer to install a simple piece of software that elderly grandmothers have no problem installing is clearly a fool of epic proportions when it comes to computers.
                    I'm not the person who developed the program, Aggie.

The people in the wrong business would be the Apple programmers.

The "simple" piece of software installed fine, just with some amazing errors that should've been caught (the QT_TITLE bull**** happens on all Windows PCs during install).

This "simple" piece of software is an amazing 32MB to download. Winamp 5.1 full, by comparison, is 6MB and has way more features (including complete video support).

When I start up Winamp, it uses 8MB of memory.
                    When I start up iTune, it uses:
                    iTunes.exe: 42MB
                    iTunes-helper.exe: 1.5MB
                    iPod Service.exe: 2.2MB
                    TOTAL: 45.7 MB

Wow.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Many people use those things. Bonjour is used extensively over the university's network, and given the size of today's hard drives iTunes is nothing.
                      There's lots of ethical problems with what Apple is doing:

It never TOLD me it was installing Bonjour, or even what it was. It just did, and it's wasting resources on my system and slows my startup time even though I will never use it.
                      It never told me it was installing the iPod service. It, also, wastes resources and slows my start up time.
                      It never told me it was starting these CD burning hidden processes either.

Not to mention it made two quicklaunch shortcuts without asking or notifying me (iTunes and Quicktime), it added a tray program for Quicktime without asking or notifying me, and it doesn't allow me to change where the program installs its shortcuts on my meticulously-kept start menu.

It's a dangerous philosophy, Apple plays all these stupid games and forces **** down our throats.

Can you even download Quicktime without iTunes or vice versa anymore? Good luck finding that out on Apple's site.

What a disgusting company.

Comment

• A poor workman always blames his tools.

I've never understood the admiration for Winamp. It is a terrible piece of **** frankly.
                        Only feebs vote.

Comment

A poor workman always blames his tools.
                          I'm not blaming my tool at all, I'm blaming a defective product...a lemon if you will.

I've never understood the admiration for Winamp. It is a terrible piece of **** frankly.
                          Yes, I absolutely hate how extensible and customizable it is. The fact that it's freeware and doesn't take up much resources is equally terrible.

If only we could all use a resource hog of an application that stealthly installs lots of **** you don't want or need, that takes up massive amounts of screen real estate for a simple task, and doesn't even have a simple "stop" button, and supports features such as WMA decoding but masks them and forces you to transcode them into another format.

Comment

• Look, a real 64-bit desktop operating system.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Damn! Still can't see it!
                              Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

• I've never understood the admiration for iTunes/Windows. It is a terrible piece of ****, frankly.

Incidentally, I don't like the new look of iTunes; indeed, the only reason why I downloaded it was so I could get QuickTime 7.

What kind of player doesn't allow full-screen displaying without being forced to pay for it? Heck, WMP, BSPlayer, Winamp, VLC, mplayer2, xine... all of them allow fullscreening.
                                B♭3

Comment

Working...
                                X