Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And the fun never stops...more kids being sent on suicide missions courtesy of Fatah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the fun never stops...more kids being sent on suicide missions courtesy of Fatah

With bold highlights for extra FUN!
    The family of the 15-year-old boy who was arrested last week by IDF soldiers when he tried to carry out an attack at the Hawara checkpoint south of Nablus has condemned those who sent him as "criminals."

Mohammed al-Nadi, a ninth grader from Askar refugee camp near Nablus, was carrying pipe bombs and a lighter when he approached the soldiers at the checkpoint.

The IDF and the family have accused Fatah's armed wing, the Aksa Martyrs Brigades, of dispatching the boy on a suicide mission. However, Mohammed Subuh, a senior official with the Palestinian Authority's Information Minister, claimed that Israel was behind the incident, staging the near-attack in attempt to undermine PA chairman Mahmoud Abbas's talks with US President George W. Bush.

This is the fifteenth incident in the past two months in which Palestinian youths under the age of 18 have attempted to detonate explosive devices at checkpoints or smuggle weapons via the crossings.

Leaders of the Aksa Martyrs Brigades in Nablus have denied that the group was using minors for launching attacks on the IDF. But several sources in the city, including the boy's family and PA security officials, insist that the group was behind the botched attack.

They said members of the group in Balta refugee camp, which is also in the Nablus area, had recruited Mohammed after persuading him that he would be rewarded in heaven for killing Jews. They also promised to support his family after he becomes a shahid (martyr).

The boy's grandmother, Aziza, said the family was very angry with those who sent Mohammed to attack the soldiers. "They have no fear of God," she said. "They let us suffer because of our children, they don't respect God; they don't have a conscience. I hope that God will punish them because they are sending children this age, God will punish them. I'm suffering pain every day, crying every night before going to sleep. God knows how many tears there are on my pillow every night."

The father, Mustafa, who sells vegetables in the open market, said he had no idea that his son had been recruited to launch an attack on IDF soldiers. "I didn't have any idea," he said. "He was going to school, coming back home, doing his homework and going outside to play with kids half an hour and coming back home."

He expressed hope that the IDF would release Mohammed. "I hope that he will come back home," he added. "He's a child; he can't differentiate between good and bad. And he and others like him were brainwashed. I don't know what they were promising them or telling them - they didn't know what they were going to do and this is what happened with him."

Mustafa denounced his son's dispatchers as "spies and collaborators." He said he supported the truce and was strongly opposed to the resumption of terror attacks on Israel. "It's not a nationalistic action," he said, referring to his son's plan. "There is truce agreement between Israel and the Palestinians and no one is doing anything. There is a ceasefire between both sides, so I think those who sent him are collaborators. Maybe it's for some sort of personal benefit which they got from these actions. I hope God will punish them."

The father said he went to Balata camp last week to inquire about those who sent his son. There, he said, the Fatah gunmen denied involvement in the case.

His wife, Dalal, was far more critical of the dispatchers. "They are criminals," she complained. "They are not human beings. This is a crime - they have no feeling, no religion. They don't fear God. He's just a child. If he was a child from a rich family they would not have sent him there. But because he is poor and he's from the refugee camp they play with his head. I hope that God will avenge this."

The mother said that if she had known about her Mohammed's scheme she would have stopped him. "He's like any Palestinian child – he loves his homeland and wants to be a martyr," she said. "But if he would have told me that he was going to do that I would have prevented him. Would I have sent my son to his death?"

Dalal thanked God that her son was arrested and is still alive. "I thank God many times that he was arrested and he's not dead," she added. "The one who sent him is not a young boy. I'm sure he's an adult. It's impossible a child will give him the bomb and send him there. The one who sent him is an adult and he probably has children - why did he not send his own children? His children are dear to him, but other people's children don't matter."

Her advice to Mohammed, who is being held at an IDF facility in the West Bank, is to tell his interrogators everything he knows. "I'm telling my son - depend on God and confess - say everything about him, give information, tell them who is the one who sent you," she said. "They put you in this problem and they abandoned you - no one is going to care about you anymore. "All of them deny that they sent you. They left you to face the charges by yourself. My boy, please say everything, tell them who sent you."

The mother also appealed to PA Chairman Mahmoud Abbas to make an effort to stop the terror groups from exploiting children. "I'm addressing Abu Mazen (Abbas) directly to save these young children from the hands of the criminals who are sending them," she said.

"They are depriving parents of their children and they are stopping the peace process and destroying everything. Each time there is hope they are sending children to destroy everything. I want him to investigate how these people are sending these children.

"They are sending our children without taking into account what the mothers have inside their hearts - fires are burning in their hearts. They are sending them as patriots but this is not patriotism."

Naser Abu Aziz and Ala Sanakrah, leaders of the Aksa Martyrs Brigades in the city, said the group issued a leaflet denying any connection to the case. "We distributed leaflets in the Nablus area and sent copies to Mahmoud Abbas's office in which we said that the group that sent Mohammed does not belong to the Aksa Martyrs Brigades," they said.

"We have launched an investigation and if it is proven that they do belong to our group we will fire them and announce their names and hand them over to the Palestinian security forces."
    In other news, pro capital punishment activists have paid a man to go on a killing spree so as to support their movement.
    "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

* sigh *
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Reminds me of the days when the Iranians used to clear mine fields in front of Iraqi positions by sending waves of children in front of their advancing troops.

Comment

Re: And the fun never stops...more kids being sent on suicide missions courtesy of Fatah

Originally posted by Zevico
        With bold highlights for extra FUN!

There is a ceasefire between both sides, so I think those who sent him are collaborators.
        In the past, Israel has been caught trying to plant fake Al-Qaeda cells in Gaza and even in having the Mossad engage in actual acts of terrorism in Egypt that it hoped would be blamed on Islamic fundamentalists, so I don't see why it's unreasonable to suspect the possibility of Israeli involvement in this particular incident.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2550513.stm

http://encyclozine.com/Lavon_Affair

http://www.doublestandards.org/hirst1.html
        Click here and here to find out how close the George Washington Bridge came to being blown up on 9/11 and why all evidence against those terrorists was classified. Click here to see the influence of Neocon Zionists in the USA and how they benefitted from 9/11. Remember the USS Liberty and the Lavon Affair.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
          Reminds me of the days when the Iranians used to clear mine fields in front of Iraqi positions by sending waves of children in front of their advancing troops.
          Cheaper than mineplows?
          I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

In the past, Israel has been caught trying to plant fake Al-Qaeda cells in Gaza and even in having the Mossad engage in actual acts of terrorism in Egypt that it hoped would be blamed on Islamic fundamentalists, so I don't see why it's unreasonable to suspect the possibility of Israeli involvement in this particular incident.
            The article on fake Al Qaeda cells is alleged by the PA. It certainly hasn't been proven, and I wouldn't trust the PA if it were the sole source for an alleged occurrence. Hell, having it as a source makes the likelihood of the alleged event occurring decrease. It's a corrupt organisation run by power mad thugs. Note that nothing aside from an allegation has been given--no proof, no names of the terrorists approached by the Mossad, etc etc. It's a frequent tactic of the PA's to do so.
            So we have one case where this has occurred--50 years ago. I don't think it's credible at all, given the fact that repeated terrorist attacks have been committed by people not that much older--16, 17 years old--with Hamas and etc--and during cease fires as well.
            "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

Originally posted by Zevico

The article on fake Al Qaeda cells is alleged by the PA. It certainly hasn't been proven, and I wouldn't trust the PA if it were the sole source for an alleged occurrence.
              Haaretz found the charges credible enough to print an article entitled "Ibrahim, the Shin Bet wants you to join Qaeda."

Note that nothing aside from an allegation has been given--no proof, no names of the terrorists approached by the Mossad, etc etc.
              A photo of those arrested by the PA as fake al-Qaeda recruiters was released. To see the photo click here. Perhaps the names of those arrested never appeared in English-language sources, but I have no evidence that their actual names were not revealed in Arabic. As for Ibrahim, the one who revealed the Mossad's attempt to recruit him, I don't blame the PA for wanting to conceal his identity because of potential Israeli retaliation against him.

So we have one case where this has occurred
              In addition to the Lavon operation in Egypt, there's also the case of the Mossad transmitting phony terrorism orders that it tried to attribute to the Libyan government, as revealed by former Mossad case worker Victor Ostrovsky in The Other Side of Deception, the second of two revealing books he wrote after he left Israel's foreign intelligence service. The story began in February 1986, when Israel sent a team of navy commandos in miniature submarines into Tripoli to land and install a "Trojan," a six-foot-long communications device, in the top floor of a five-story apartment building. The device, only seven inches in diameter, was capable of receiving messages broadcast by Mossad's LAP (LohAma Psicologit-psychological warfare or disinformation section) on one frequency and automatically relaying the broadcasts on a different frequency used by the Libyan government.

The commandos activated the Trojan and left it in the care of a lone Mossad agent in Tripoli who had leased the apartment and who had met them at the beach in a rented van. "By the end of March, the Americans were already intercepting messages broadcast by the Trojan," Ostrovsky writes.

"Using the Trojan, the Mossad tried to make it appear that a long series of terrorist orders were being transmitted to various Libyan embassies around the world," Ostrovsky continues. As the Mossad had hoped, the transmissions were deciphered by the Americans and construed as ample proof that the Libyans were active sponsors of terrorism. What's more, the Americans pointed out, Mossad reports confirmed it.

"The French and the Spanish, though, were not buying into the new stream of information. To them it seemed suspicious that suddenly, out of the blue, the Libyans, who had been extremely careful in the past, would start advertising their future actions. "The French and the Spanish were right. The information was bogus."
              http://www.washington-report.org/backissues/1099/9910022.html

The US Army School of Advanced Military Studies (SAMS) characterized the Mossad as "Wildcard. Ruthless and cunning. Has capability to target U.S. forces and make it look like a Palestinian/Arab act" in a 2001 study as reported by the Washington Times, Sept. 10 2001:
              http://www.public-action.com/911/sams.html
              Click here and here to find out how close the George Washington Bridge came to being blown up on 9/11 and why all evidence against those terrorists was classified. Click here to see the influence of Neocon Zionists in the USA and how they benefitted from 9/11. Remember the USS Liberty and the Lavon Affair.

Comment

This is the fifteenth incident in the past two months in which Palestinian youths under the age of 18 have attempted to detonate explosive devices at checkpoints or smuggle weapons via the crossings.
                But didn't you hear? Mahmoud Abbas says "The Era of Suicide Bombing is over", so there's nothing to worry about!
                "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

Well, at least until the right thing is done and a palestinian state established...

though of course...

that just means that it'll try to reunite with palestinians who will take over jordan through real elections in a few years... dethroning the Hashemites...

and then war with israel over water rights within about 10-20 years.

...sigh... no solution... there's no long-term solution to that whole problem without war.
                  -->Visit CGN!
                  -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud
                    Well, at least until the right thing is done and a palestinian state established...

though of course...

that just means that it'll try to reunite with palestinians who will take over jordan through real elections in a few years... dethroning the Hashemites...

and then war with israel over water rights within about 10-20 years.

...sigh... no solution... there's no long-term solution to that whole problem without war.
                    Thus, the only solution is to attack and destroy Medina and Mecca.

Comment

I wonder who's DL y'all are arguing with.
                      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

nm
                        Last edited by laurentius; May 30, 2005, 02:49.
                        Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Which paper is the story from?

Comment

Working...
                          X