Affordable Family Formation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affordable Family Formation

The new key to American political analysis?
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

The housing in red states is affordable because no one wants to live there. The housing in blue states is more expensive because everyone wants to live there. Blues states are more liveable because of blue politics.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Then why are there more people in red states?

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Because two "red" states frequently flip flop: Ohio and Florida.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski
          ACK!
          Blue states gain people because they move in, Red states gain people because they got born there.

That said, if conservatives don't want urbanization and subsequent anti-friendly values from occuring, they ought to be having fewer kids, not more.
          Visit First Cultural Industries
          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski

ACK!
            Even in the large red states, most of the population are in "blue area," i.e. these supposedly family-unfriendly urban centers.
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley

Blue states gain people because they move in, Red states gain people because they got born there.

That said, if conservatives don't want urbanization and subsequent anti-friendly values from occuring, they ought to be having fewer kids, not more.
              Then explain to me how the state of Utah, which is the epitome of a red state has such a large population increase from people coming from California.

ACK!
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

You haven't heard of the invasion?
                Visit First Cultural Industries
                There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

I don't agree with what that guy has to say about immigration, but the other stuff he says makes a lot of sense.

There are a lot of places in the red states with a very high standard of living -- a lot higher than in the blue states. Most of these places are rather bland and "rough hewed", though.

Perfect places to raise families.
                  I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

I don't agree with what that guy has to say about immigration

Me neither. I thought the article as a whole was pretty thought-provoking, though.
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

Even in the large red states, most of the population are in "blue area," i.e. these supposedly family-unfriendly urban centers.
                      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

But suburbs trend Republican, so urban centers with more room for expansion (like those in many red states) tend to go for the GOP. Didn't you two read the piece?
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I did, and I think the author has a strong point, especially with the expansion of suburbs.

I also think it'll result in a moderating influence on the party, since these people generally won't be wacko fundies...

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

I also think it'll result in a moderating influence on the party, since these people generally won't be wacko fundies...
                            Don't get your hopes up.

Comment

I'd bet you'll only find a higher concentration of atheists and agnostics among academia.

Comment

Working...
                              X