Clear All

• Eddy Albert dead at 99

classy guy

I suppose many of you kiddies have never seen Greenacres

Great show, funny but gentle

Arnold Ziffle, Mr Haney.......

Come to think of it, Mrs Horse is very like his Mrs in that show

*runs*
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

It was a funny show, at least the equal of some of the so called comedies on today.
    If at first you don't succeed, take the bloody hint and give up.

Comment

hey I'm glad you showed up, he's going to need an embalmer
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Check his WW2 record as an landing boat skipper. A few dozen trips across the reef at Tarawa.
        Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
        Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
        "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
        From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

really? not just a pretty face

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola
            Check his WW2 record as an landing boat skipper. A few dozen trips across the reef at Tarawa.
            Yeah, ferrying reinforcements in and bringing badly wounded and dead Marines out .

Comment

I posted a tribute to him, but the thread got deleted.
              ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                hey I'm glad you showed up, he's going to need an embalmer
                Unlike Keith Richards...
                If at first you don't succeed, take the bloody hint and give up.

Comment

Another old man I've never heard of dies at a ripe old age...I thought this phase had finished...
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

99?

Good for Eddy - bad for any who have him in their pool...

1 point.
                    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Green Acres rocked. It was funny and the underlying concept was terrific. I watched it as a kid and finallly I got it. Oliver Douglas was living in a world where everyone was crazy but him. But of course everyone else though he was the crazy one. And because of that they were right, whether he was simply a delusional loon or lonely voice of reason.
                      He's got the Midas touch.
                      But he touched it too much!
                      Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Yeah but is did not have all the pretty girls like the show it was spun off of, Petticaot Junction. Damn, I longed for a glimse inside that water tower/bath.
                        Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                        Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                        "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                        From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Originally posted by Sikander
                          Green Acres rocked. It was funny and the underlying concept was terrific. I watched it as a kid and finallly I got it. Oliver Douglas was living in a world where everyone was crazy but him. But of course everyone else though he was the crazy one. And because of that they were right, whether he was simply a delusional loon or lonely voice of reason.
                          Reminds me of some of the conversations here.
                          Golfing since 67

Comment

Working...
                          X