Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just got a 60 dollars to buy a game for my birthday.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just got a 60 dollars to buy a game for my birthday.....

.....turning 20 tommorow, my familly is not poor but it has never been a big thing in my familly to give big gifts and I am a pretty practical person.... my parents gave me $60.00 for my birthday and since I have not bought a new game in a long time, i've decided to buy one. The last game I bought was guild wars because the beta was GREAT but the influx of morons in the retail(i.e. the general public) is making me dislike it, fast. The game is amazing but when most people you play with are selfish, ignorant *explitives*, it is not much fun.

WHAT I LIKE:

RPGs.... rpgs are the king of all computer games. The best rgps are the best games but very few good ones come out..... any game bioware has ever made, I love(I do have them all.)

After that, I like any game that has a *LONG* replay value.... either with solid gameplay and some sort of random feature that makes it worth replaying, or rock solid multiplayer..... i've become kind of bored with FPSs though, no game, not even half life 2 has changed the formula in many years, the only really good one was call of duty.

No flight sims or racing games.....

Strategy games are always great but they have to follow the massive replayability rule.... one of the last games I got was dominions 2. Any strange games from indepedent developers? Dominions 2 looks like it has 10 year old graphics, it was made by two guys but the game play is SOLID.... I am a big fan of small development house strategy games too-they often make games with the most solid gameplay, though awfull graphics....

Suggest a game or two

How about the online subscription game, World of Warcraft?
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

WoW is the only MMO i'd ever consider buying...... i've bought many and decided I am DONE with subscription mmos.

WoW looks awsome and I was in the beta for a long time, AWSOME game, but I just have no desire to pay another subscription fee.

Comment

Why not check out http://www.gamerankings.com/ and hunt for a game that suits your taste?
        Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Not a very helpfull site..... I never like review sites anyway.

Comment

You could buy the Paradox Strategy Six Pack for about $20.

The most notable games it contains are Europa Universalis 2, Victoria, and Hearts of Iron.

There is a forum dedicated to Paradox games, so you can check over there for info.
            I changed my signature

Comment

Best idea i've heard so far......... played europa universalis 2-amazing game. Don't own a copy though. I've heard victoria and hearts of iron are amazing.

ACTUALLY you just named 3 games i've been meaning to get for a WHILE..... $20.00... that could last me for 6 months on those three games LOL!

I think the other $40.00 may go to my back to school pizza fund.... i'm still open to suggestions but I think i've found my winner...... ebgames.com even says a local mall has a copy!
              Last edited by Vesayen; May 27, 2005, 23:06.

Comment

wait for civ 4.
                I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Leisure Suit Larry
                  We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I would recommend buying Civ 4.

Comment

Without a doubt, go Dominions 2. This game has the best multiplayer I have ever played, and enough complexity to keep people playing it for a long time.

Comment

Dominions 2 is AMAZING

Comment

Originally posted by self biased
                          wait for civ 4.

You just don't get it -- his birthday is NOW -- not in November.
                          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

wait for civ 5.
                            I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                            [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

BJ.
                              In da butt.
                              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Working...
                              X