I finally bought an MP3 Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finally bought an MP3 Player

So I finally have joined the 21st century and shelled out for an MP3 player. I'm curious though how Apolyton feels about my choice for purchase.

I originally had it in my head that I need an iPod or Zen but never bought one because I couldn't justify spending that kind of money when my income is low.

So the other day I was at Futureshop looking for a portable radio when I happened across the MP3 player section. I saw that some of them have FM tuners included and were quite affordable. I then realized that, for me, massive amounts of storage space just isn't necessary. So I settle on this one:

$103 CAD (with tax) for:

-128MB
    -FM Tuner
    -Mixer Settings
    -Microphone
    -LCD display

Perfect for me. It holds a couple CDs worth of music (a bit more when using WMA) and when it runs out or I get sick of it I can listen to CBC Radio 1 and 2. And when I get home I can reload the playlist in a few seconds.

I'm curious what you guys think of this choice. I remember some people bashing the MuVo a while ago.... so whats not to like? Seems like a perfectly affordable and functional purchase to me.

128MB only?
    Why do they have so little memory?
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

That's not even enough to fit one Pink Floyd song on.
      Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by alva
        128MB only?
        Why do they have so little memory?
        Its like 35 MP3s, or even more WMAs. Personally I couldn't make good use of much more than that for going about daily activities.

That's not even enough to fit one Pink Floyd song on.
        This is true.

Comment

And why was my title changed

Its an important thread for me.

Comment

128MB is too short if you are away for any period of time...a gig would probably suffice for me...
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Sorry, but its a bad deal imo. Return it. They now have a sale at Futureshop on the Creative N200. Its 75$ and it has 256 MB. Check online.

Get our Low Price Guarantee, online or in store, on a huge selection of electronics, appliances, furniture, fitness, travel, baby products and more!

And for about the same price you paid you can have 512 MB

Get our Low Price Guarantee, online or in store, on a huge selection of electronics, appliances, furniture, fitness, travel, baby products and more!
              Last edited by Nostromo; May 27, 2005, 21:24.
              Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Those look cool, but are essentially identical to mine only with more storage space.

And the sale price for the first one is $99, which makes it $15 more espensive than mine. I actually saw it there but it was $129 + tax so I opted for the $89 + tax model.

128MB is too short if you are away for any period of time...a gig would probably suffice for me...
                I understand the concern, but I honestly don't think I could get through a gig in a full day being out. Plus I end up listening to the CBC half the time anyways.

I admit though that 256MB would be nice, but for the price I paid 128 is pretty good.

Comment

Weird, when I sent the link earlier today I'm pretty sure it was 75$ after money back...
                  Last edited by Nostromo; May 27, 2005, 23:15.
                  Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Damn, if I had to constantly reload different songs on my ipod everyday. 128 is too much work, well if you are poor it is not.
                    We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

I just got back from Walmart and I saw they were selling the Zen Micro 5gb for $199.

Didn't buy it yet. But I seem to remember it having been $250. This is good.

(They finally put all the mp3 players in a locked up glass case--after they get something good like the Zen. )
                      meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

I just got back from Walmart and I saw they were selling the Zen Micro 5gb for $199.

They've had to reduce the price as it was getting boned by the ipod even before the ipod price was reduced.
                        Only feebs vote.

Comment

They've had to reduce the price as it was getting boned by the ipod even before the ipod price was reduced.
                          Agathon, I don't know if you ever heard of it, but when something stays on the market for a long time, its price goes down...

You're right. I do know 5 people with iPods and 3 with other mp3 players (and EVERYONE has a CD player but they suck now.)

But I'm still not getting the iPod. I just don't like the idea of having to even bother with iTunes.
                          meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

But I'm still not getting the iPod. I just don't like the idea of having to even bother with iTunes.

You don't have to. Scoot over to ipodlounge one day. There's all sorts of itunes alternatives available. Imran uses one of them.

But get whatever you like. The only advice I'd offer is always the same – try them out.
                            Only feebs vote.

Comment

Say, I have a 128Meg usb memory stick, a generic cheap one... Is there any sort of player that could use any USB stick?
                              I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Working...
                              X