+15.57 percent in 38 days.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat

I usually buy too many toys, or have taken a lot of time off from work / worked part time when not in an energy gold rush period, so I've never bothered to invest huge amounts at any given time. Plus cost of child support, kid going to college, private school, etc.. Now I'm on the flip side, relatively higher income and lesser expenses, and I can't find any toys which really float my boat enough to bother getting them.

Let's structure an LLC or LP or similar structure for your assets, or whatever else works for you, if that 600k is unrestricted. With that kind of money, no margin or options needed. Shorts are always a nice tool, though - in fact, probably the best in a volatile or indecisive market.

If it's 600k in retirement accounts, then that's simple enough, too.
    Hell, Mike, all you need is a wife who is scared of possessions* and a grandmother who drove you crazy by how she saved and counted every... goddamned... penny, not realizing that in 30+ years you'll be just like her. Unlike her, however, I didn't go through the forge of the Depression with 2 kids, so I can relax enough to spend my money - on other people, that is. But I hate spending it on myself.

Me at Best Buy:

"****, that's $50."
    "****, that's $30."
    "****, that's $45."
    "A three pack for $19.99... but I only want one game. ****."
    "****. Maybe next time."

*I'm not kidding. Laura has this odd compulsion to get rid of stuff that we're not using - we have nothing, not... a... thing in our attic, and we can fit both cars in the garage.

Comment

I think there might possibly be one or two things where I have a little bit more knowledge than MtG.

You must be smarter than me...
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
        Saras, yeah in the place where I'm thinking investing some when I get the lowest possible capital (from summer job no less, but I want to start as early as possible) they got these new funds, it's solely eastern european new business type of thing. It's nothing new really, but it emphasizes on little risk, and getting into the starting business action more than just safe bets. With the idea of decentralization, you could be looking at nice returns IF you invest enough, like my future 2000 euros won't give me anything except to learn the hoops and see how it works. They call it the Second Wave, right? Because you need to be on the first wave to get into the real action, but normal individuals rarely do get that opportunity so this is second wave program. To me it sounds good, of course the invest in funds and stocks all over the world and these have existed but now they are mroe like specializing in that region with the mindset of getting max profit. I think it'll do great, so I'm hoping to get into the program asap.

But it's true, there's just bound to be few future super goldmines coming up soon and now is the time to get into it. It's just the question of calling the potential right, because it will happen for sures. Do you have any tips?
        You should always read the prospectus and make your own judgement, but knowing the people who run the funds (there's maybe 7 Lithuanians working there ) and the track record, and their style and dedication, I think every fund of theirs is a good long term investment. More return could be expected from their rather new Balkan Fund, but also more volatility. Baltic Fund, I think, is, as Baltic stocks, fully priced, so no extreme gains in the nearest future.
        Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
        Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
        Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

market is doing great today

which means my stocks generally take a little hit

my CAG is down almost 5% and I almost back to origional purchase price. I like the yield on the stock so I am trying to find a point to buy more and also a point at which to sell as I am not following this one into the toilet...

DNA is falling off a bit, but it has had a good week. It is a stock that is left much to speculation by traders and when the market has a good day, as today is looking, it generally sags a bit.

JNJ is holding strong, as always, and is a good stock for all you wanting to invest it and forget it.

INTC is posting moderate gains, but has come off it's 200 day moving average in the past month and has been showing a good OBV. Definitly a buy, IMO, if I only had the money.

Anyway, the next few months are going to be good times to invest. Christmas should be good to all this year, less a recesion which a rumor I have heard siting the falling interest rates for the long term loans despite the rising short term interst rates... Something about debt, bond rates, etc. I don't understand it.
          Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
          X