+15.57 percent in 38 days.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnT
    If I'm "actively investing" retired, then half a million would be fine. I could extract six figures a year out of that, and still grow the principal nicely.

If, buy "grow the principal nicely" you mean that you will grow the principal by 10%, you're looking at starting at a 30%+inflation rate of return the first year, with the return slowly decreasing as time goes by (assuming that you don't want to take more than $100k out per year.)

Sorry, Mike, gotta do it: I call BS. If you could do this you'd retire by now. Hell, I've got $600,000 and I don't think it would be possible to live like that - can you help me?
    I usually buy too many toys, or have taken a lot of time off from work / worked part time when not in an energy gold rush period, so I've never bothered to invest huge amounts at any given time. Plus cost of child support, kid going to college, private school, etc.. Now I'm on the flip side, relatively higher income and lesser expenses, and I can't find any toys which really float my boat enough to bother getting them.

Let's structure an LLC or LP or similar structure for your assets, or whatever else works for you, if that 600k is unrestricted. With that kind of money, no margin or options needed. Shorts are always a nice tool, though - in fact, probably the best in a volatile or indecisive market.

If it's 600k in retirement accounts, then that's simple enough, too.
    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by Saras

LOL teh ignorance
      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

I fear for you JohnT. MtG is smart, but there is no reason to take such risks when you seem to already have plenty of money.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

East Capital Baltic Fund:
          Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
          Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
          Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

black is index.
            Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
            Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

What, the market cap went from 2 Euros to 5?

Comment

no, from 2 million to five million, who do you take us for

Comment

Comment

Seriously, these East Capital dudes are unbelievable. But then again, with rising markets it's easy to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                      I thought the $500,000 figure sounded low, but I wasn't about to challenge it since MtG knows roughly infinitely more than me about such things

"Such things" being a code word for "everything", right?
                      I think there might possibly be one or two things where I have a little bit more knowledge than MtG.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

I think there might possibly be one or two things where I have a little bit more knowledge than MtG.
                        Hopefully more than that.

Comment

Your IRL name is Ken Jennings, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                            Your IRL name is Ken Jennings, right?
                            Who's that chump?

Comment

Saras, yeah in the place where I'm thinking investing some when I get the lowest possible capital (from summer job no less, but I want to start as early as possible) they got these new funds, it's solely eastern european new business type of thing. It's nothing new really, but it emphasizes on little risk, and getting into the starting business action more than just safe bets. With the idea of decentralization, you could be looking at nice returns IF you invest enough, like my future 2000 euros won't give me anything except to learn the hoops and see how it works. They call it the Second Wave, right? Because you need to be on the first wave to get into the real action, but normal individuals rarely do get that opportunity so this is second wave program. To me it sounds good, of course the invest in funds and stocks all over the world and these have existed but now they are mroe like specializing in that region with the mindset of getting max profit. I think it'll do great, so I'm hoping to get into the program asap.

But it's true, there's just bound to be few future super goldmines coming up soon and now is the time to get into it. It's just the question of calling the potential right, because it will happen for sures. Do you have any tips?
                              In da butt.
                              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I'd give my left nut for enough capital though... That's the place to invest, it'll be hot spot if it isn't already.People talk all about Asia Asia Asia but maybe they have missed the eastern europe I don't know.. but it's their loss at the end. Because now that the EU is expanding, the tourism will see new highs in the eastern parts of europe as well, and the rules and regulations should open enough for us to be able to buy property and real estate in formerly forbidden markets for outsiders... the best of those places, close to mediterranian, man they WILL go high up right away, they'll become luxury spots. There are these regions in southern europe, where you can't get a house for.. money, and you even have to have like a permit to get a house in the certain area because they want to keep the neighbourhood as it is... so when you get to have houses in those areas, you can sell them in few years with huge profits I bet. Need to get in now, they'll be gone very very soon..
                                In da butt.
                                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Working...
                                X