No announcement yet.

+15.57 percent in 38 days.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I pay for all my software except the GPLed stuff like the GIMP. I get most of my productivity stuff at edu prices and I pay for all my games. I have quite a few shareware apps too (mainly Panic's stuff because it is so good).
      Only feebs vote.

Comment

Ill gotten gains currently means finding I have an extra tenner in my bank account. That quickly goes on wine, curry or the gym.

In that order
        Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
        -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Does that mean you don't pay for any of the software you use?
          How would you even think that from what I said?
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Real Estate. +18% leveraged return in one year.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

The cool part about real estate is you borrow other people's money then make a return off of their cash. Not your cash.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                Real Estate. +18% leveraged return in one year.
                Loser
                Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Re: +15.57 percent in 38 days.

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
                  So how do y'all invest your ill-gotten gains?
                  If I ever got any I would take my son to Disneyland....

Then I would take over the world of course.
                  I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                  - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                    The cool part about real estate is you borrow other people's money then make a return off of their cash. Not your cash.
                    You can do that with any investment, it's called buying on the margin.
                    Smile
                    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

... except that it's illegal to do that in the US (at least with stocks).

Comment

The padawan is actually half correct. What is the world coming to?

Buying on Margin

RULES FOR BUYING ON MARGIN

After the market crash of 1929, the government enacted laws to help prevent the practices that led to the crash. Federal Reserve Board Regulation T sets margin requirements. Regulation T requires that the customer put up a percentage of the total investment amount. The Federal Reserve Board sets this percentage but changes it periodically to keep speculation under control. Currently the margin requirement is 50%.
                        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Land ; my house, currently rehabing to sell

401k; Mutual Funds

Stock Market; my favorite stocks in my portfolio at the moment are DNA for being so positively volitile and CAG for a nice steady yield
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

From Kid's link:

he following securities can be margined:

* Listed common and preferred stocks
                            * Municipal bonds
                            * Federal government bonds, notes and bills
                            * Over-the-counter securities on the NASDAQ and the National Market System
                            * Convertible bonds
                            * Corporate bonds

One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                              ... except that it's illegal to do that in the US (at least with stocks).
                              Only "illegal" (as in not permitted within the account) for IRAs and certain other tax-deferred retirement or education (529 and Coverdell) accounts.
                              When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by Saras
                                In-house hedge fund,
                                Land,
                                Private equity.

Public equity is for suckers.
                                I live for underappreciated and/or overhyped small and microcaps.
                                When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Working...
                                X