Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I was walking to work the other day when a man approached me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have a cookie. You've demonstrated that when wages don't increase and there's inflation, purchasing power decreases! Good lord, you must be an economics genius or something.

Comment

• Which is the exact reason the wage should be raised. DUH.

I know it's hard for you to have empathy considering your parents pay for everything, but some day when you actually have to pay your own way, you might actually realize how hard it is for people to make a living.
      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Ted, I never said the wage shouldn't be raised. I said raising it caused inflation and not actually economic growth. I pointed out that raising the minimum wage in general just resulted in a certain amount of wealth redistribution. You're just dodging to strawmen. I'm sorry if strawmen are the only things you can beat to death, but why don't you just type into notepad if that's what you're going to do? You don't impress any of us...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker
          Ted, I never said the wage shouldn't be raised. I said raising t caused inflation and not actually economic growth.
          You're such a phony. You think you can shirk the responsibilities of having an actual opinion by hiding behind your implied ones. You all went off about "OMG it's just a silly number game!!!" That's implied you DON'T approve of it.

So MAN UP, either you support it or you don't. Since you've dogged it out the whole time, you don't support it.

And besides, you didn't prove inflation. I'm still waiting for that, besides 10th grade high school text book hypotheticals.

I pointed out that raising the minimum wage in general just resulted in a certain amount of wealth redistribution.
          Which was the exact point I made in the very first post I made in this thread.
          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Striker
            You're such a phony. You think you can shirk the responsibilities of having an actual opinion by hiding behind your implied ones. You all went off about "OMG it's just a silly number game!!!" That's implied you DON'T approve of it.
            It is just a silly number game, when you're trying to use it to create growth.

So MAN UP, either you support it or you don't. Since you've dogged it out the whole time, you don't support it.

OK. Let's set it to $10 million per hour.

And besides, you didn't prove inflation. I'm still waiting for that, besides 10th grade high school text book hypotheticals.

Once again, you should read the previous page.

Which was the exact point I made in the very first post I made in this thread.
            But which was not the point you made in a subsequent post in this thread, to which I was responding.

Comment

• Do you support it or not?

Comment

• Depends on the value. Anything over $100 million an hour and I think it might cause problems.

Comment

• What a coward.

Comment

• I agree, I'm not willing to take risks that large.

I haven't notice any suggestions from your side, btw

Comment

• You mean like the people of Florida who voted to raise the minimum wage last year? No, they didn't have any suggestions.

Especially in high cost of living areas, raising the wage is important.

Now let's hear your opinion, whether you support it or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                        Man, the real Ted Striker would never have gotten punked like that. Pinko Striker...
                        True... it's just sad .
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Speaking of Silver Spooned.

Comment

You mean like the people of Florida who voted to raise the minimum wage last year? No, they didn't have any suggestions.
                            Eh, you don't live in Florida.

Comment

That's YOUR point, son, not mine. What are you, DANISH????

This may seriously hurt your feelings, Ted, but if I should point out one with a Danish approach between you and Kuci, then you are a clear winner.

Anyway, kuci isn't right about it just ends up in inflation. If that should be a fact, then economical expansion would be impossible.
                              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• No. Economic expansion occurs through discovery/exploitation of more resources (be it an increased labor pool or oil in the ground) or through increases in efficiency. Either of those can increase the real amount of goods and services that people can consume. Simple increases in wages cannot (except inasmuch as they might, possibly, lead to the two aforementioned means of economic expansion).

Changes to wages just results in a redistribution of consumption of goods in services from one group of people to another, and a possible change in the value of currency, not growth.

Comment

Working...
                                X