Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Israeli soldiers at their boneheadedest...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Israeli soldiers at their boneheadedest...

Wow. Just wow.

Thomson Reuters empowers professionals with cutting-edge technology solutions informed by industry-leading content and expertise.

Soccer-mad Israelis barge into Palestinian home
    27 May 2005 10:43:50 GMT
    Source: Reuters
    (Repeats, adjusting headline)

HEBRON, West Bank, May 27 (Reuters) - Israeli soldiers barged into a Palestinian home and commandeered its television room so they could watch a soccer match, an Israeli military source said on Friday after a TV report on the incident.

Footage on Israel's Channel 10 showed broken furniture and windows in the room of the house in the West Bank city of Hebron where the television station said the troops watched Wednesday's Champions League final between AC Milan and Liverpool.

The Palestinian family living in the house said the soldiers caused the damage. The military source confirmed five soldiers entered the dwelling to view the match but said they stayed only for a few minutes and did not break anything.

Nonetheless, the source said, the commander of the squad had been suspended.

"The military takes a severe view of such incidents," the source added.

Palestinian teenager Anan al-Zrayer said he was walking down the street when soldiers asked him if his family had a television set and a satellite dish.

"I said 'yes,' and told them we don't have Israeli channels. (After they entered the house,) I gave them the remote control and they carried out a search. We were kicked into another room," he said.

Another Hebron resident said it was not the first time that soldiers had taken over Palestinian houses to watch television.

Khigaji al-Batch said about two weeks ago, 11 soldiers entered his home and stayed through the night.

"They are using our houses like a cinema," Batch said.
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Ya well duh, it's an occupation after all..
    "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
    "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

It's like they're taunting Death to turn them into skidmarks on the road...

Comment

Typical arrogance of an occupying army.

At least:
        Nonetheless, the source said, the commander of the squad had been suspended.

"The military takes a severe view of such incidents," the source added.

to that
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Yeah, they'll probably be put on latreen duty for the rest of the week as punishment.

Comment

If they'd had any entrepreneurial sense, they'd have served falafel, pitta and salad and baklava and made some money.
            Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Sprinkle in some arsenic for a little extra flavoring...

Comment

Seriously Drose, what did you expect? They're occupation soldiers ffs! If that's the worst they're doing, then the Israeli occupation is extremely humane compared to all others in history.
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                  Sprinkle in some arsenic for a little extra flavoring...

I'm very fond of Israeli soldiers. Especially hunky gay Israeli paratroopers on leave in London.
                  Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

@ the article in the OP

Originally posted by Spiffor
                    Seriously Drose, what did you expect? They're occupation soldiers ffs! If that's the worst they're doing, then the Israeli occupation is extremely humane compared to all others in history.
                    No - don't you get it, with the Israelis in there the Pals couldn't watch the match! How could you be more cruel? Oh, the humanity!

Comment

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Wait, this movie is well-known in the worldwide gay conspiracy?

anyway, the soldiers are *******s and will be punished. But it's hardly newsworthy.
                        urgh.NSFW

Comment

You know of the movie?
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Of course!
                            urgh.NSFW

Comment

Great movie, it is.

Comment

Working...
                              X