Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Knife Control?

"Can sharp stick control be far behind?"
    This guy doesn't know that he isn't joking. Sharp stick control will be next, followed by blunt stick control. There are no extremes to which the English government will not go to persuade its citizens that life is being made safer for them (regardless of whether it is or not).
    Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Re: Re: Knife Control?

Originally posted by CerberusIV

This guy doesn't know that he isn't joking. Sharp stick control will be next, followed by blunt stick control. There are no extremes to which the English government will not go to persuade its citizens that life is being made safer for them (regardless of whether it is or not).

Except that these were doctors writing in the British Medical Journal, not Nanny Government wagging its finger at us.

Still, it does make it all the more obvious why we have stringent gun laws in the United Kingdom.
      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Knife Control?

Originally posted by molly bloom
        Except that these were doctors writing in the British Medical Journal, not Nanny Government wagging its finger at us.
        Would you bet money on the UK government not doing this? I wouldn't.

Still, it does make it all the more obvious why we have stringent gun laws in the United Kingdom.
        The UK has stringent gun laws to make it difficult for the violently insane and politically extreme to get hold of guns. Unfortunately the determined criminals are a bit too smart to be stopped so easily.
        Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Knife Control?

Originally posted by CerberusIV

Would you bet money on the UK government not doing this? I wouldn't.

The UK has stringent gun laws to make it difficult for the violently insane and politically extreme to get hold of guns. Unfortunately the determined criminals are a bit too smart to be stopped so easily.

Yes, but your post implied it was the government behind this call. It wasn't, for once.

The gun laws are there to prevent the same people who stick knives in each other to settle simple domestic arguments from buying handguns and doing the same thing, but at a distance.

In case you hadn't noticed, they work- which is partly why Liverpool doesn't resemble Baltimore.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
            No I have no fantasies of hurting other people.
            Quoted for LIES!!1

The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Pointless to outlaw these knives. Humans can be slaughtered with just about any tool or object in sight.
              "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
              "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Originally posted by Trajanus
                Pointless to outlaw these knives. Humans can be slaughtered with just about any tool or object in sight.

Hmmm.... least likely domestic tool or household object for effective disposal of another human being.

Toilet roll ? Bar of soap ? Cotton bud ?

Comment

There really isn't much reason for kitchen knives to have a point, you know.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                    There really isn't much reason for kitchen knives to have a point, you know.

Oh it's all pointless.

I can't go on. I must end my life with a squeegee mop or chamois leather cloth.

Comment

I think the chamois is a much more comforatable way to go.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                        I think the chamois is a much more comforatable way to go.

You first, big guy.

Comment

If the bar of soap is hard enough it's of good enough use for bashing someone's head. I don't know what a cotton bud is.
                          "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie

Comment

Originally posted by Trajanus
                            bar of soap...hard enough... head...
                            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

hmm don't get it

Comment

pointed knives

Anyone who has quartered a lobster knows the point is absolutely necessary.
                                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Working...
                                X