No announcement yet.

'Japan soldiers' found in Philippines jungle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiroo Onoda wrote a book about his experiences, I remember reading it a very long time ago. What I still remember about the book was his preoccupation with getting enough salt in his diet, and risking capture by going to the shore in order to get sea water for its salt. The book can be ordered from Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...207859-7481749
    Click here and here to find out how close the George Washington Bridge came to being blown up on 9/11 and why all evidence against those terrorists was classified. Click here to see the influence of Neocon Zionists in the USA and how they benefitted from 9/11. Remember the USS Liberty and the Lavon Affair.

Comment

Weird story week – like that helicopter on Everest.

Anyone see that Bud Spencer / Terence Hill movie with the old Japanese soldier?
      Only feebs vote.

Comment

Ned says: Brits put them there.
        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom
          He'd be partially right I'm sure being the masters of the industrial revolution and all that followed can be lain on our doorstep.

Crazy story this though, makes we want to say:

'War! what is it good for? absolutly nothing!'
          'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Come to think of it, wasn't there also an old Laurel & Hardy movie where they were soldiers at war and were left on their own for years and years after the war had ended holding their position. I seem to vaguely remember this, there was a mountain of empty baked beans cans they'd piled up over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by child of Thor

'War! what is it good for? absolutly nothing!'
              Thanks, Edwin, you're a Starr.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Indeed there was a Laurel & Hardy movie which had this theme in it, although it was just Stan that was blissfully unaware that the war had ended.

It's a movie called Block-Heads, from 1938.

From the IMDb entry, the following outline of the plot:

It's 1938, but Stan doesn't know the war is over; he's still patrolling the trenches in France, and shoots down a French aviator. Oliver sees his old chum's picture in the paper and goes to visit Stan at the Soldier's Home. Thinking Stan is disabled (it's just that he's sitting on his leg), Oliver takes pity on him and takes him home for a nice home-cooked meal. But Oliver's wife has other ideas and leaves him to fend for himself. After blowing up the kitchen, Oliver is helped by his next-door neighbor, Mrs. Gilbert... until the big-game hunting Mr. Gilbert comes home unexpectedly, carrying a shotgun.

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom
                  I thought the Democrats were to blame.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                    Indeed there was a Laurel & Hardy movie which had this theme in it, although it was just Stan that was blissfully unaware that the war had ended.

You could also refer to British tabloids, and the German ambassador to the Court of St James.

Oh, and Basil Fawlty too.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

British based Democrats, and British Empire types.

Apparently Ned thinks I'm a British Empire type, which my Republican Irish forebears would find vastly amusing.

Comment

But then you tend to give a different ancestry or personal origin every time, molly bloom. British, English, Irish, Australian, Celtish, Falklandonian-ese. Can't blame others for being a tad confused.

And why is it I have to laugh just by seeing a picture of John Cleese, happens every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

You're right, Roosevelt and his Democratic cohorts provoked the Japanese into attacking the USA and Philippines because of Roosevelt's steel embargo of 1940.
                          Click here and here to find out how close the George Washington Bridge came to being blown up on 9/11 and why all evidence against those terrorists was classified. Click here to see the influence of Neocon Zionists in the USA and how they benefitted from 9/11. Remember the USS Liberty and the Lavon Affair.

Comment

Oleg?
                            Long time member @ Apolyton
                            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                              Oleg?
                              Yes Lance, even though I did not post for several years here I was pleasantly surprised that I am still registered here.

Comment

Well shiver me timbers! It's Oleg! aka Slaughtermeyer... Another Philippine adventurer.
                                Long time member @ Apolyton
                                Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Working...
                                X