Home Sweet Construction Zone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Sweet Construction Zone

I did a half day today as construction on my house was to begin, and that meant that Buddy would have to spend the day in her room, and she's been acting a little weird lately so I thought I give her her freedom and introduce her to the crew.

Anyway, I called this morning, and the contractor told me they were just going to start measuring and getting a list of supplies together. Whatever!

Right now my walls are shaking as a mexican with a giant hammer pounds out my bathroom merely 5 feet away from me! It's very loud, but it should give some reality to my up coming civ game

I do feel a little bad that I am going to play video games while they work, but heck, I'm the one paying them. Right?

Got 1 month of this nonsense, and hopefully the house will be in good enough shape to either accept a baby or sell, depending on the job situation.
    Monkey!!!

Does your wife freak out about having walls hammered down? Some women are wierd like that.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

She hammered a few down herself... We were starting to put them back up when she got pregers, and I wasn't about to do it all myself... So, in comes the pros.
      Monkey!!!

Comment

Good luck with finishing up the remodel.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Make sure they caulk everything- contractors will try to weasel their way out of it and leave you with a leaky house that lets in bugs, cold air, and otehr nasty stuff.
          Visit First Cultural Industries
          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Working...
          X