No announcement yet.

An interesting quote from Hitler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even if Rauschning was not a close confident of Hitler, he did have contact with Hitler in 1932 to 1934. According to Jaffa's citation, Hitler stated the quote in 1933. So we should refute the legitimacy of this quote on grounds that Rauschning opposed Hitler, and thus, more than likely fabricated the quote?
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident

in any case, why is this so important?

It doesn't look like a particularly good quote to me. It makes no sense. Or am I not reading it right?

I just found it striking that a 20th century dictator sympathized with the Confederacy's historical "cause."

Comment

Mister Fun is an expert in Civil War history that's why it holds particular interest for him.
        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
          Even if Rauschning was not a close confident of Hitler, he did have contact with Hitler in 1932 to 1934. According to Jaffa's citation, Hitler stated the quote in 1933. So we should refute the legitimacy of this quote on grounds that Rauschning opposed Hitler, and thus, more than likely fabricated the quote?
          Maybe the fact that the only known source of that quote is a book published in New York in 1940, written by a disaffected refugee might put you on guard?

God knows there is enough crap to pile on Hitler's doorstep without buying into 'Chalabis' hook, line, and sinker.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

So he could still have gotten the quote from Hitler in 1933, and then retained that quote until he wrote his book which became published in 1940. There are things called memory and transcribing.

But anyway, given these important questions about the quote, you're right in that it cannot be taken as completely legitimate. It's a good thing I asked about it first, and gotten other people's opinions and located the citation from Jaffa.

Comment

One wonders why he would have sat on it for seven years, and then published the gem in the country that it deals with, while that nation was engaged in a struggle of conscience over what to do about the then current European problem, and how much help to extend to Great Britain while she stood alone...

I have bridges for sale if anyone is intersted. Vintage 1940, if that makes them more believable.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

This means I can go to bed now without a troublesome curiosity to keep me awake.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
                  One wonders why he would have sat on it for seven years, and then published the gem in the country that it deals with, while that nation was engaged in a struggle of conscience over what to do about the then current European problem, and how much help to extend to Great Britain while she stood alone...

I have bridges for sale if anyone is intersted. Vintage 1940, if that makes them more believable.

I conceded to your point, oh Unholy One. What more do you want?

Comment

Self flagellation is always a pleasure to behold. Pictures, please.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)

Comment

I really do have to get to bed before we get into too gross of details of your fetish.

Comment

G'night.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                        X