Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women jailed for complaining about pizza service

I took the freedom to apolytonize the title somewhat

CHARLOTTE, North Carolina (AP) -- An 86-year-old woman was jailed after police said she called emergency dispatchers 20 times in a little more than a half-hour -- all to complain that a pizza parlor wouldn't deliver.

Dorothy Densmore was charged with misusing the emergency telephone hotline, jail spokeswoman Mandy Giannini said.

She told dispatchers Sunday that a local pizza shop refused to deliver to her south Charlotte apartment, said Giannini. She also complained that someone at the shop called her a "crazy old coot," Giannini said.

Densmore wanted them arrested. Instead, police came to arrest her, and she resisted, Giannini said.

It's unusual for someone to face charges for nonemergency calls, Giannini said. But on Sunday, Densmore kept calling 911, even after she was told to stop, Giannini said.

When an officer arrived at her apartment, the 5-foot (1.5-meter) -tall, 98-pound (44.5-kilo) woman attacked him, Giannini said. Densmore scratched him, kicked and bit his hand, she said.

Densmore also is charged with resisting a public officer and two counts of misusing the emergency telephone system, jail records show.
    I like especially the attack bit
    Blah

GIve her life in prison, I say!

At her age, a year in prison should suffice...
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

That's just funny, even if it's tragic.

Comment

She is a true american.
        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

When I was in Davis there was a Roundtable that was literally 2 miles away from me and they wouldn't deliver to me. Their delivery area stopped at the street right in front of my apartment complex though it traveled another 10 miles down the road, they just wouldn't deliver on THAT SIDE OF THE STREET. It really irked me. I tried to get them to deliver to the place across the street and I would just wait out there for them. They didn't like that either.

Though, I never called 911 or attacked a cop for it.
          Monkey!!!

Comment

Unbelievable...

But it king of reminds me of some of the posters here.
            We tell them repeatedly to stop doing something, and they continue to do it anyway... and then when we finally take action, they "attack" with insults and claim they did nothing wrong
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

But this bit makes me suspicious:

Densmore also is charged with resisting a public officer and two counts of misusing the emergency telephone system, jail records show.

"...also is charged with..." They already mentioned the misusing of emergency lines, and haven't mentioned anything else. That doesn't sound like a lapse the AP would make. I call BS on this one.

Comment

So Ted, would you hit it?

Comment

Already has by the looks of it.
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                  Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                    But this bit makes me suspicious:

"...also is charged with..." They already mentioned the misusing of emergency lines, and haven't mentioned anything else. That doesn't sound like a lapse the AP would make. I call BS on this one.
                    What part of the biting and attacking the officer did you miss?
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by alva
                      Already has by the looks of it.
                      Damn you. DAMN YOU for making me picture this !!!
                      Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                      Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                      Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Yeah, just imagine if Ted got his wish fullfilled; had a hit on all women on this planet and they all looked like that afterwards
                        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

"But it king of reminds me of some of the posters here.
                          We tell them repeatedly to stop doing something, and they continue to do it anyway... and then when we finally take action, they "attack" with insults and claim they did nothing wrong"

Once upon a time I would have bought this.
                          Long time member @ Apolyton
                          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

I wonder if they served pizza during their jail time
                            Blah

Comment

Funny if that was her first meal.

*About ****ing time*
                              Long time member @ Apolyton
                              Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Working...
                              X