Godwinizing the Bush Administration.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What did I do?

I never compared them to Nazis, or at least that wasn't my intention. The question was why did these "good Germans" continue to support the regime. I believe Colin Powell to be a good person and the Neo-cons are very bad people. Had it been about a good Russian following Stalin, I would've said the same thing.

My point was, why does anyone who is "good" follow people that are "bad". It wasn't irrelevant.

A full apology in the form of a one-page, typed, size 12 font essay is expected.
    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

What you meant was irrelevant. I was merely using your post as an example of a wider phenomenon.

Comment

I'm sorry, but what I meant WAS relevant. I don't care what your opinion is on that, to me it was relevant. Of course, it would've helped if I had made more of a point. Pointlessness does not mean irrelevant.
        "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
        ^ The Poly equivalent of:
        "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Originally posted by The Emperor Fabulous
          I'm sorry, but what I meant WAS relevant. I don't care what your opinion is on that, to me it was relevant. Of course, it would've helped if I had made more of a point. Pointlessness does not mean irrelevant.
          Pointlessness has some pretty close cousins called spam, threadjack and kneejerk - can also pass as "praeteo censui Khartaginem esse delendam" statements (no spelling guarantee .
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by The Emperor Fabulous
            No, no, no. I misspoke.

What you meant was irrelevant for the purposes of this thread. I'm sure it was relevant for the thread in which you posted.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
              What you meant was irrelevant for the purposes of this thread. I'm sure it was relevant for the thread in which you posted.
              Except that in the very first post in this thread, you point to what he wrote in that thread and call it "silly and irrelevant."
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Which, for purposes of this thread, it was.
                When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

OH WELL BUT WHAT ABOUT CLINTON?
                  "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                  "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Originally posted by Stefu
                    OH WELL BUT WHAT ABOUT CLINTON?
                    Well, since he practiced things in the oral room that aren't allowed to be told about at this site, then he goes free-
                    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

You mean the ovaries orafice.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

All that I remember is some unusual use of cigars, but I may be wrong. (oh, almost forgot, there was also those nonsex activites stories - actually, here nonsex activities would be handing over papers etc, but american standards may be different)

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Shiite, Boris, you actually expect me to go back and check myself to see if what I'm writing is consistent what what I wrote?

What sort of OTer are you!?!

Comment

Oh, and Emp Fab, ....

... nah.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
                              Shiite, Boris, you actually expect me to go back and check myself to see if what I'm writing is consistent what what I wrote?

What sort of OTer are you!?!

This is too funny.

First Imran, JohnT, and Boris bickered over something as trivial as technical correctness of Star Wars titles in a different thread.

And now JohnT, Boris, and ETF are setting out to bicker endlessly about something else trivial.

I think I'm beginning to see the formation of a new pattern with Boris and JohnT.
                              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun

This is too funny.

First Imran, JohnT, and Boris bickered over something as trivial as technical correctness of Star Wars titles in a different thread.

And now JohnT, Boris, and ETF are setting out to bicker endlessly about something else trivial.

I think I'm beginning to see the formation of a new pattern with Boris and JohnT.
                                Boris and che don't like you so don't mention them.
                                Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Working...
                                X