Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Great Spoiler Debate (with spoilers!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great Spoiler Debate (with spoilers!)

delete this thread - apparently, updating the poll makes the poll default back to single-choice.

Thanks.
    When discussing unreleased works.
    0%
    When discussing recently-released works.
    0%
    When discussing plot points of any work, regardless of how old.
    0%
    In threads that have little relation to the spoiler (i.e., talking about the end of "Rocky" in a thread about a visit Philadelphia)
    0%
    In threads devoted exclusively to a specific work, spoilers should be assumed.
    0%
    In threads devoted exclusively to a specific work, spoilers should not be assumed.
    0%
    In threads about Bananas.
    0%
    Last edited by JohnT; May 25, 2005, 08:33.

You spoiled it!

Comment

Do you get fries with it ?

No, I think you're absolutely right- it's simply a matter of courtesy to other people who are likely to be interested in the same film or book not to mention

a) the ending

b) surprises/twists

c) important plot points

because they may become enraged and come round and eat your liver, or your neighbour's ass.

If it's a general post about lots of different films, or different books, e.g., 100 Favourite War Films, My Best Loved Hallmark Greetings Cards, My Favourite Leonard Nimoy Poem, 10 Limp Bizkit c.d.s I Have Incinerated, then I think a little reckless plot/storyline/denouement badinage is allowed.
      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Testing..

Spoiler:
        Demonstrating that you master the intricate technique of spoiler tags will often impress people who aren't as advanced
        Last edited by Winston; May 25, 2005, 08:48.

Comment

Working...
        X