Update On My Pet Search: I'm Getting A Cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update On My Pet Search: I'm Getting A Cat

More like I'm taking in one. Me and my girlfriend was over to her step mom's house today and her step mom was talking about how she had too many cats in the house but didn't want to give them away to just anyone. My g/f suggested I take a cat. After some thought I've decided that I will.

It's an older male cat. Not too old but he is out of the scratching stage and really is just a mellow guy. The other day we were over there and he had fallen asleep under the coffee table with his feet in the air. He is a large cat but I have plenty of space. Great thing is that he has been fixed so I'm ahead on that deal. All in all our personalities are similar (including the way we sleep according to my g/f ) so I expect a smooth transition.

So now I have to get all I need before we go get him.

Litter box (putting in back bedroom which is empty)
    Litter
    Food and Water dish.

Anything else?
    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

A toy, perhaps?
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

get a few toys for the lad.
      I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
      [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Find out from stepmom about his reaction to grooming from Humans. If he doesn't go for that, don't bother with a cat brush. Our Samantha loooved being groomed at least twice a day, she had us so well-trained. Cat toys vary from cat to cat: Some love them, some are totally disinterested. Same with catmarijuana...er...catnip. If he hasn't been declawed, get a scratching post anyway just in case. A collar with ID and vet tags is a must, even if he's an indoor cat. There's always the chance an indoor cat will get out and you want to be sure someone can reunite you with them and that pople know the animal is current with its immunizations, especially rabies shots.

Edit: Jebus, what's happening to my spelling and grammar lately? Sheesh.
        The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

He likes to be groomed she said. She does it to keep down on the shed hair but she said he likes it.

I'll ask her about if he likes any kind of toys. From what I've seen of him he seems to just chill out mostly. He will walk up to ya and rub up against you but usually goes back to chilling before too long.
          Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

If the cat is alone at home a lot maybe you should think about getting two of them.
            Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
            And notifying the next of kin
            Once again...

Comment

Originally posted by Hueij
              If the cat is alone at home a lot maybe you should think about getting two of them.
              Thats actually something I've thought of. He is in a house with two other cats and a small dog. I'll be gone for a couple weeks straight in the summer but my girlfriend will be here.

Comment

Most cats like being groomed. There's these cool brush-gloves that my cats both really like, because you can play with them (tickle/attack/whatever) with the glove while brushing at the same time.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

is it a indoor cat or also an outdoor car? the indoor cats need a lot of attention if they dont have other cats around the outdoor ones will always find something to do
                  Bunnies!
                  Welcome to the DBTSverse!
                  God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
                  'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

Originally posted by DeathByTheSword
                    is it a indoor cat or also an outdoor car? the indoor cats need a lot of attention if they dont have other cats around the outdoor ones will always find something to do
                    He is an indoor cat but occasionally goes outside. Probably get him used to me before he goes outside since I live about 60 miles from where he lives now

Comment

get some pet freshner stuff to throw on the litter

also

a lamb skin bed or blanket, they like those

and

some catnip for your amusement
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

Cats should be indoor pets only. Outdoors is dangerous for them, and they are dangerous for the outdoors.

You should consider getting your cat some "insurance." If there's a Petsmart nearby, they may have a Banfields animal hospital. They have different levels of programs, but it saves you some serious money when you take your cat in for checkups, shots, and medicine. A healthy cat is a happy cat.

You should get a squirt bottle, so you can squirt your cat with water when he's being bad.

You should get two types of toys for the cat, ones he can play with by himself, and ones he can play with with you (though a piece of string will be fine for the latter).

Keep the litter area and the feeding area seperate. You don't server your guests in your bathroom; he doesn't want to eat in his either.
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

tubes and i have to male cats they are brothers and same age. im not sure the older cat will like playful kitten, he might. best litter recommendations arm and hammer multi cat litter and get a cat feeder it hold 5 lbs of food and u never forget to feed em . My cats dont go off the balconey, so tags and things good idea. One other thing find out if cat eats dry and wet food, that way u dont risk worms which tends to happen if u change their diet
                          When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                          "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                          Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Working...
                          X