Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sprayber
    I'm thinking a kid under 13 shouldnt see any movie
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Re: Star Wars Is Bad For Kids

They do have a point. Just look at what happened to Little Anie.

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
        Food and toys in general should have nothing to do with each other to begin with.
        Agreed.
        He's got the Midas touch.
        But he touched it too much!
        Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
          Last Action Hero was rated PG-13, and that had a fast food tie in.

In any case on Ebert and Roeper they said the movie really shouldn't be PG-13 anyways. There's no nudity, no bad language, no drug use. Just some cartoonish violence.
          I never thought about it, but you're (or Ebert/Roeper) right.

Given Lucas's power, he probably lobbied for the higher rating as to give the movie an aura of "edginess" that, frankly, it didn't have.

Another example of marketing triumphing over common sense. A common failing in the SW universe.

Comment

I know a lot of pre-schoolers who are more violent than anything that George Lucas could dream up.
            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

You hang with a rough crowd, Dr. S.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by The Emperor Fabulous
                I'd throw up if I cared...

I do laugh at the 83 percent, however...I wonder what numbers the Dove Foundation had on hand to call...
                I had to laugh at the 83 percent as well... makes you wonder... they probably could have gotten 83 percent of those same people to agree that the earth is flat
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

And the other 17% refused to answer, having recognized the rather obvious trick question.

Comment

Working...
                  X