Buying Games by Mail Order in Asia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying Games by Mail Order in Asia

Most new games such as Civ are released in Korea; first the English version with Korean documentation and then (I guess if it sells well) a Korean version of the game. Some games, however, seem to be never released in Korea. I can't find Rome: Total War or Hearts of Iron here. Also, findin patches is sometimes tricky or they come out very slowly.

Does anyone know an online retailer in the Asia-Pacific region that ships internationally? It would be nice to have a full English version of the game so I don't have to translate while playing and so I can get patches more quickly.

I used to order from ChipsnBits but they send by courier and the shipping costs are higher than the price of the game.
    Formerly known as Masuro.
    The sun never sets on a PBEM game.

You can buy Hearts of Iron directly from Paradox on their website and they ship world wide.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Ah, I had forgotten about Paradox's shopping site. Thanks for the reminder.

Comment

That's why Stardock's way is a great idea.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I didn't buy Galciv but I certainly applaud their decision to sell it by download. One hopes that Firaxis will do the same. But I doubt it.

Comment

Pay online and download. No fuss, no mess. I don't know why most other publishers aren't doing it that way.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

It's better for the environment as well.
              Visit First Cultural Industries
              There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
              Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

You can't find Rome: Total War here
                Have you looked at Yongsan?
                Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

No, I've only looked at the Internet shopping sites. Have you seen games like RTW in Yongsan?

Comment

Originally posted by Masuro
                    No, I've only looked at the Internet shopping sites. Have you seen games like RTW in Yongsan?
                    They have EVERYTHING that yongsan
                    Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Is it all legal?

I don't live in Seoul so it would cost me money to get up there. Still, it'd make a fun day trip to go there and look around.

Comment

Are there more of us Apolytoners in Korea? Might be an idea to have a get together.

Comment

Is it all legal?
                          Some is, some isn't the place is HUGE.

I don't live in Seoul so it would cost me money to get up there. Still, it'd make a fun day trip to go there and look around.
                          Seoul's a nice place, I live in Apgujeong which is pretty central.

Are there more of us Apolytoners in Korea? Might be an idea to have a get together.
                          ATM its just us. Seeker, MacTBone and FrustratedPoet used to be here and Alexander's Horse is moving here this August though...
                          Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Perhaps when there are three or four of us we can get together.

I used to visit Yongsan fairly often when I lived in Anyang 8 years ago. I don't think I've been there since then. It's probably changed a lot.

Comment

Perhaps when there are three or four of us we can get together.

I used to visit Yongsan fairly often when I lived in Anyang 8 years ago. I don't think I've been there since then. It's probably changed a lot.
                              Wow, you've been here that long? I'm just a few months short of two years myself.
                              Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Working...
                              X