i put off doing things
    65.22%
    i do most things when i need to
    17.39%
    im perfect
    0.00%
    "If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun." -Katherine Hepburn

Have a banana.
    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

I am the most unmotivated person in the world.

I always choose the first job I'm offered. I never look around for other jobs. I settle on the easier job with no chance of career advancement.

Despite this, I'm not a big procrastinator for some reason. I just hate looking for jobs. And I hate responsibility.

Comment

The promise that death will come soon to thine enemies?
        B♭3

Comment

Putting everything off is fine.

I have done it all my life, and don't seem to have suffered because of it.
          Desperados of the world, unite. You have nothing to lose but your dignity.......

Comment

what is the best way to motivate yourself to do things
            that you don't like to do?

whos a procrastinator ?
            I don't really feel like going into it right now mkay?
            Monkey!!!

Comment

The best motivation is to excel yourself. To be able to say..."I told you I could do it"
              Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Re: motivation

Originally posted by boann
                what is the best way to motivate yourself to do things
                that you don't like to do?
                To just do it.

Actually, I find that the things that I don't want to do are the things that need doing the most. So I just search my feelings, figure out what is it that I want to avoid the most, and do that particular thing.

This also works wonders in relationship issues - the thing that's hardest to do is likely the correct course of action.

Ex: Don't want to apologize and think it's easier to be all pissy 'cause you didn't load the dishwasher last night and the SO had no clean coffee cups in the morning and how DARE they get mad at you for something so silly?

Be an adult an apologize. Stewing about useless crap like that's kid stuff.

Comment

I can procrastinate with the best of them. It is usually a cold, hard, unforgiving deadline that focusses the mind and gets me motivated to complete the necessary work.

Things that can be done "whenever" are the real problem, but these are usually not critically important.
                  "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                  "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Rewarding yourself after you accomplish said task.

A beer is always a good motivator for me....or the promise of 'the womyns".

But that promise has been failing me for a few years so beer is just fine.
                    Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                    Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                    *****Citizen of the Hive****
                    "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

I procrastinate all the time. It's good, gives me more time to do the things I want to do.
                      I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Re: Re: motivation

Originally posted by JohnT

To just do it.

Actually, I find that the things that I don't want to do are the things that need doing the most. So I just search my feelings, figure out what is it that I want to avoid the most, and do that particular thing.

This also works wonders in relationship issues - the thing that's hardest to do is likely the correct course of action.

Ex: Don't want to apologize and think it's easier to be all pissy 'cause you didn't load the dishwasher last night and the SO had no clean coffee cups in the morning and how DARE they get mad at you for something so silly?

Be an adult an apologize. Stewing about useless crap like that's kid stuff.
                        or you could just rinse a cup out. . washing dishes is overrated.

Comment

Relationship advice from Dissident.

That's just too rich!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
                            Relationship advice from Dissident.

That's just too rich!
                            it's not relationship advice, it's housekeeping advice

Comment

But the subject of the post wasn't housekeeping. It was how to deal with procrastinating, and the positive effects it could have on your love life.

Comment

Working...
                              X