Man accused of trying to sell bomb to terrorists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
    I'm willing to assume MtG didn't know that. Despite his age, he's not old enough to know it, just old enough to have heard it on Looney Tunes and Merry Meoldies.
    I think that when Bugs said it it was used as a malapropism for "moron", the side joke being that Bugs was too stupid to know the proper pronunciation of "moron".
    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
      Don't see much in the way of Speedy Gonzalez these days, do we? Or Popeye against the Nips? There's a lot of stuff they made that wouldn't get produced today. And they were still superior in so many ways to most modern cartoons.
      Yeah, like the blatant racism in Heckel and Jeckel.
      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

However, this does point out the danger of disaffected engineers. Every engineer I know has the potential to be much more destructive than a suicide bomber. For instance, any chemical engineer could easily brew up a batch of dioxin.
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Dioxins are more of a nuisance than a deadly terrorist threat.
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Re: Man accused of trying to sell bomb to terrorists

Originally posted by Space05us
            US Attorney Michael Shelby says the suspect had been jailed in Malta for parental kidnapping years ago. He says it was during that time that Grecula began talking with another inmate about making bombs capable of destroying buildings. Shelby says the other inmate then told authorities about it.
            When are criminals going to learn to not talk about crimes to other inmates who are looking for deals or easier time. I mean it's not like your cell mate is the most reliable of chaps in the world, otherwise he wouldn't be there to start with.
            Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
              What a maroon.
              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

it didn't take that much dioxin to cause the abandonment of Love Canal and Times Beach. If your goal is to cause large economic upheavals, that would seem even more effective than flying a plane into a skyscraper.
                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Working...
                X