Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by laurentius
    Its pretty cool blog...They need to experience the sauna though
    Howis a Finnish sauna different from the average sauna you'd find any where else? Normally, I see sauna's have cedar wood interiors with an electric heating unit covered by rocks in the middle. Occationally people will splash water on the rocks to get steam. Are sauna's slightly different in Finland?
    Last edited by Dinner; May 24, 2005, 14:47.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I was an aquantance with a Finnish exchange student in college. The girl was TEH HOT!11!!1 Blond hair, blue, eyes, kind of shy, and with a perfect figure. She was also smart but drank like a fish. I have no idea how she could drink that much beer & vodka so often and keep her 36/24/36 figure.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

What a whiny thread.

Comment

Sauna doesn't have to be finnish in order for you to have the opportunity to do it our way. Many people do it like we do, we just claim it to be our way.

However the great importance comes how you do it. OK.. first of all you need a wooden heated .. unit. Electric heating IS ACCEPTABLE if no other chances.

The key difference is that you need to do it with someone who KNOWS how to do it. OK, that's the key. It can be 1000% different if you do it with someone else, and most likely it's done wrong in our opinion. It's like eating an ice cream by spreading it to your face and then sticking your fingers to it and licking your fingers. That's how wrong most of you do it.

You have to do it right, otherwise it's not cool, and in fact it's close to sin.
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

err...Oerdin I guess Pekka kinda gave you an answer already but what I was after was the fact that the reporter writing the column claimed he hadent tried the sauna his host family had.

Now the Sauna Experience is lot more then just taking your clothes off and throwing water on the stones...not to mention the cool beers and hot sex afterwa.....uh what I'm trying to say is that going to sauna traditionally consists of running around naked and swimming in the nearby lake. Sometimes it also includes long bbq sessions and heavy drinking and every once a while people...men come up with the idea to swim to the nearby island...then they drown. These are some of the things I as a Washington Post subcriber would like to see covered.
            Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

Howis a Finnish sauna different from the average sauna you'd find any where else?
              You mean besides all the man-on-man action going on inside?
              "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
              "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
              "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Working...
              X