Repent, ye Gamers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repent, ye Gamers!

Christian games are coming. At last you have an alternative. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4534835.stm
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Jesus with a BFG9000
    Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
      Jesus with a BFG9000

Comment

what about civ? it's not civil enough?
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Welcome to 1997?

This looks like Hexen.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

My God
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
              what about civ? it's not civil enough?
              That's what I thought, too. Forget games meant to be specifically Christian, you could just sic these guys to play SMAC as Miriam and they should be happy .
              This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Hang on a second - Doom is all about killing daemons for f**ks sake! How can you get more Christian than that?!
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

This is typical.

I don't play Doom 3 to kill daemons, I play Doom 3 to fire guns and be part of an adventure. (altho Doom 3 didn't really fulfil that part).

And it's mostly for the adventure part.

I couldn't care less if it had guns in it or not, or if there were daemons or bunny rabbits. As long as it is interesting and immersive, I'm in.
                  be free

Comment

"But as the games got nastier, I was getting pretty conflicted about coming home from church and playing things like Doom and Quake.

"I began to look for something else, but there was a gaping hole in the market."

Civ, Sim, Theme, and Tycoon games dont exist? Not to mention all of the puzzle games online. There are many different genres if games, this guy is just stupid enough to think that FPS are the only video games in existance, much like Counter Strike Players

Most people who play computer games want those visceral thrills.

Funny, I thought most people played for the challenge and competition.

A bit off topic, how long do you think it will be before EA buys them out?

Comment

There really are a lot of nonviolent games out there. Driving games, flight games, sports games, and Sim City (the best selling game of all time) all show that there are alternatives if people want them. Unfortunately, in typical fundimentalist fashion these people are just making sweeping generalizations without looking at the facts.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                        Welcome to 1997?

This looks like Hexen.
                        Aren't the open source 3d engines much better than that?
                        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

that looks as contradictory and not working as christian metal. even this shot is demonic. nice christian kids should play other stuff. go the countryside etc

Comment

Simply removing the gore from a first person shooter doesn't cut it. Its unoriginal. Now's a great time to actually innovate, something the game industry is lacking at the moment. Christian games will probably never be mainstream, but that doesn't mean christians can't write games that won't be popular. Its tough writing a game that holds to christian moral beliefs that won't end up being campy and unrealistic. In some ways, if somebody can write such a game, they're a better developer than those at any of the big game studios...but it still won't be easy.

I think that says more about christian moral beliefs than about games

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22
                              that looks as contradictory and not working as christian metal.
                              There are some good unblack metal bands out there. I'm currently listening to a band called Children of Light. Growls + christian lyrics work well together, probably because I don't pay attention to the lyrics anyway
                              The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Working...
                              X