No announcement yet.

the end of the word is surely near....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the end of the word is surely near....

Greece's Helena Paparizou Wins Eurovision Song Contest

May 22 (Bloomberg) -- Helena Paparizou of Greece won the 50th edition of the Eurovision song contest after competing with rivals from 23 other nations, with the song, ``My Number One.''

Paprizou won with 230 points in telephone voting from viewers in 39 countries, 38 points ahead of Malta's Chiara, who placed second with the song ``Angel,'' according to the Eurovision Web site.

Paparizou, who was born and raised in Sweden and has Greek parents, formed a music group, Antique, with her childhood friend Niko at the age of 17, according to her Web site. In December 2003, she released her first single as a solo artist, ``Anapandeetes Klisis,'' which means ``Missed Calls.''

Ukraine, last year's winner, hosted the contest in the capital Kiev. The Eurovision song contest was first held in 1956, according to its Web site.

To contact the reporter on this story:
    Yoolim Lee in Singapore at yoolim@bloomberg.net

Last Updated: May 21, 2005 21:41 EDT

when a singaporian with terrible english writes the europe news for... bloomberg

Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

globalization!

Comment

The end of the word?
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

as we know it

Comment

You sure you aren't missing an "l"?
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

no i definatey am not missing an ""

Comment

"according to its website.... according to its website... according to its website... according to its website.... according to its website.... according to its web*BAMM*..."

Comment

I noticed that too

Comment

Working...
                X