Euros - Explain the Schengen/Dublin Accord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Euros - Explain the Schengen/Dublin Accord

Well, im going to have to vote on this soon, and I want to know exactly what the schengen/dublin accords say and how it impacts a country.
    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

I wish to insist that it's very convenient not to be checked each time you pass the border. AFAIK, the English don't have Schngen, and as a result, the ID checks make it a real ***** to take the Eurostar (even if your destination is before the chunnel).

The Schengen agreement doesn't end all border controls. In my regular train between Paris and Stuttgart, I'm occasionally checked by the German police not always), whi seems to look for illegal immigrants. I heard that there were very frequent controls on the dutch borders, to see whether you're importing drugs for the Netherlands.

But it's much much better to be less bothered. It doesn't matter much when you don't travel (or only for vacation), but it's really useful when you have to cross borders often.
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

i was listening to the radio today and some politican from the PRD said that of the 600 roads going into and out of the country, only 150 had immigration police and about 3% of people going in and out of switzerland per day were cleared by an immigration officer. apparently its already pretty easy to go in an out.
      "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Working...
      X