Sweden to crack down on scantily dressed women

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oncle Boris

Nice smiley - are that an expression of your mental capacity or can you explain further ?
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Oh well, I don't know the specifics of the situation in Denmark, but this kind of comment - "there are too many immigrants" or "we can't handle those already there" - smells like BS a mile around.

EDIT: actually, I've seen studies showing that whatever the % of immigrants is in a society, there will always be people saying there are too many of them.
      In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Oh well, I don't know the specifics of the situation in Denmark, but this kind of comment - "there are too many immigrants" or "we can't handle those already there" - smells like BS a mile around.

EDIT: actually, I've seen studies showing that whatever the % of immigrants is in a society, there will always be people saying there are too many of them.
        You are absolutely correct!

Here in Belgium it's the same situation. People 'feel' unsafe, but in fact have never lived safer in history - at least in our history - and I think I may safely conclude that this pertains to the whole of those few thousand years of civilization before that too.

A big problem are the kids on the street causing trouble, making it seem that all these immigrants stir up trouble. Usually it's because these kids have lesser opportunities to make something out of their lives and which is why they end up in bad neighbourhoods and start robbing people. It's not so much the hard crime that scares people.. It's the little bandits stealing purses and the scum acting tough on the streets.

It's all in the mind!
        "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
        "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

I actually expected that comment about not knowing the circumstances etc. so that's why I was a bit hard about yuor smiley

Denmark isn't that big a country so when there previously was up to 50.000 new immigrants a year with a total pop of 5 mill, then there might be a problem. Two points. Getting a work here demands usually some kind of higher education wich these immigrants doesn't have - actually it is a problem to give those already here sufficient education - oh no, not lack of trying but lack of integration/assimilitation - giving these immigrants and their descendants a pretty high unemployment rate. If immigration is supposed to be a gain of the immigration country, then you must agree that they should give some kind of contribution to the common wealth.

Secondly, DK has what others may see as a atrocity, once you are a citicen then you are guaranteed several rights such as free education, free medical care, free elderly care and social security. That is wery fine if you contribute, but if not, then the question is for how long the system are able to exist.

About your last comment, you are quite right that there are some that would claim that even one immigrant is one too many, but those I gladly gives the finger (no, not the nice one). I don't mind immigration, heck there has been several here through the centuries where they have been an adding to to the country. but Where is the wrong in denying immigration if it is obviosly that they won't contribute ?
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
          X